Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2004 250 HPDI VMAX ecu or driver problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 250 HPDI VMAX ecu or driver problem?

I just had a new powerhead installed last week by HydroTech and have not started the break-in because of a faint clicking sound from both injector drivers and the fact that no information (hours, codes, messages) can be seen when plugged into the scanner. At last check it had 386 hrs. It does start but I have not ran it over 15 minutes yet. Trying get a new ecu is nearly impossible.

I can remove the injector relay and the clicking stops, put it back and it's there again. Remove the main relay and it stops, put it back and it won't start clicking again until I hit start (run). It's on a Ranger with the key pad.

Any help would be appreciated!

Now power head last week? Just take it back and get them to fix it, probably not the ECU, but you never know.

Comment

Do a search on this forum for 2005 HPDI head scratcher, seems like there might be some similar stuff goig on on that post

Comment

I would just run it.
        if it runs ok don't sweat it.

Comment

Thanks rodbolt. I shouldn't worry about the drivers?

Comment

Originally posted by ausnoelm View Post
            Now power head last week? Just take it back and get them to fix it, probably not the ECU, but you never know.
            This was going on before the replacement. I have nothing but great things to say about HydroTech. Great guys there!

Comment

Working...
            X