Yamaha props part number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha props part number

My boat (2000 Contender 25 Open) is currently rigged with 2 Yammies 4S 225 (2002 model year). These motors were acquired by the 2nd owner since the boat was originally equipped with 200's from factory (I believe).

I'm trying to figure out the part no. for the 225 propellers. They are 3-blade SS SWS II and are stamped "M21", which I believe is the pitch (pretty sure the diameter is 15"). Searching for my engine code (LF 225 XTRA) and model year (2002) I get several original prop options but none are 15", the closest I get is part no. 6R4-45972-A0-00 which is 14 7/8 x 21 and is not a SWS II prop (at least it doesn't say so in the description). This leads me to believe my current props are not original to the engines but I could be wrong.

Furthermore, searching brings me 2 other part numbers: 6CE-45972-10-00 and 6D0-45972-00-00, both are SWS II and 15 x 21; however, these are for 250 and 300 engines from years 2005, 2006 and up.

Question: Is the 6R4-45972-A0-00 the original prop for my engines and can it be replaced for any of the 2 mentioned prop numbers (6CE-45972-10-00 and 6D0-45972-00-00)?

Thanks for your help!

Motors don't come from the factory with propellers installed. Not yours anyway. Either a boat builder or a dealer decides what brand/model/pitch of propeller to be used. Some don't use Yamaha branded propellers. Nothing magical about a Yamaha branded propeller.

6R4 is the prefix for the Yamaha saltwater series propellers. No II.

6D0/6D1 is the prefix for the Yamaha saltwater series II propellers.

6CE is the prefix for Yamaha saltwater series II propellers with SDS.

Any Yamaha propeller (and many other brands/models/pitches by the way) that is intended for a Yamaha V6 motor will fit your specific motors.

http://yamahaoutboards.com/sites/def...300-FLF150.pdf
    Last edited by boscoe99; 03-08-2017, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      Motors don't come from the factory with propellers installed. Not yours anyway. Either a boat builder or a dealer decides what brand/model/pitch of propeller to be used. Some don't use Yamaha branded propellers. Nothing magical about a Yamaha branded propeller.

6R4 is the prefix for the Yamaha saltwater series propellers. No II.

6D0/6D1 is the prefix for the Yamaha saltwater series II propellers.

6CE is the prefix for Yamaha saltwater series II propellers with SDS.

Any Yamaha propeller (and many other brands/models/pitches by the way) that is intended for a Yamaha V6 motor will fit your specific motors.

http://yamahaoutboards.com/sites/def...300-FLF150.pdf
      Great info, just what I was looking for...I must have the 6D0 / 6D1 part no. since I know my SWS II props don't have SDS.

Thanks boscoe99

Comment

Working...
      X