9.9 Kicker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9.9 Kicker

I need a little help with understanding the difference between a T9.9 and a F9.9. I am going to purchase a Yamaha 9.9 High Thrust (2.92 ratio) electric start, 20 inch shaft, remote outboard. I have found many web sites that list the same options that I have listed describing a T9.9 and or a F9.9. I have not been able to find a description of the difference between a T9.9 and F9.9. Could someone explain the difference. Thank you

the T gearcase is designed to swing a larger wheel that is a duel thrust design.
    the F and T props wont interchange.
    the T gearcase was designed to push a load.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I have looked at the Yamaha prop chart so many times I fogged over and completely missed that the 11 3/4 wheels where only listed for the t8/t9.9.

Comment

The difference is entirely in the gear case. The size of it actually, together with a higher gear ratio and the size (diameter) of the propellers it can use. Oh, the sticker for the ID of the motor and the cowl graphics may be different as well.

Comment

bold new graphics

Comment

Thinking I will order the bold new 350 graphics and put on my F150.
            Can you order them Rodbolt?

Comment

I have had 2 T9.9's over the last 20 years. It is designed for displacement boats with a cruising speed of 5-7 kn. The high ratio gearbox and big prop drive my 30ft 4 ton sailing catamaran along quite happily at these speeds and give plenty of torque in reverse. I think they also have a higher output charger but not sure about this. It is an excellent engine.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                Thinking I will order the bold new 350 graphics and put on my F150.
                Can you order them Rodbolt?
                Be careful of all of the extra power that you will see. Don't let the motor get away from you until you know how the throttle response is.

Comment

I am a little worried about the gas mileage.

Comment

fuel consumption 9.9T

I get about a half an Imperial Gallon per hour at 5kn......

Comment

Working...
                    X