Loss of hole shot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss of hole shot.

I have a 90 Yamaha 2 stroke. It seems that lately I have had a harder time getting on plane than normal. Almost like it doesn't have as much power as it used to. Anyone heard of this happening before.

If you've added a bimin top or more passengers that would slow you down. Or anything that creates drag on the boat.

Other than that I've got to first think it might be a clogged main jet since everyone here seems concerned about carb problems and just experienced one myself on 90TLR with about 20 hours.

Comment

Bone,
      Are you still able to get as many rpms as before after you plane and trim?
      How about your spark plugs - if they are at least one year old, replace them.
      Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
      Ken K

Comment

No added weight or passengers. I use the boat alot, and a buddy of mine that I fish with quite freguently noticed it as well. Im getting the same output @ top end. which is 5200 trimmed up. My hole shot is miserable though.

Comment

Changed the plugs in Jan.

Comment

if same top end then it is carb time.

Comment

So I guess I have to bite the bullet and clean the carbs.

Comment

sure, couple hours of time for many hours of pleasure.its always a good feeling to know youre not running your cylinders lean.

Comment

Bone,
                  Since your motor is running fairly well, I would try a shock treatment first before tearing down the carbs - might clean up the carbs just enough.
                  Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
                  Ken K

Comment

Working...
                  X