Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 tilt/trim and 1 tach questions from newbie

I have a 2001(new to me) 200 HPDI. My problems are:

1) The tilt/trim button on the throttle suddenly stopped being able to raise the motor. The buttons on the motor still operate fine, so I can get the motor out of the water

2) One of the two trim rods will not retract

3) The digital display has gone bad on the tach. I think the functionality is still there, just the LCD has failed.

Can anyone offer advice on the tilt/trim problems, and do I have to completely replace the tach unit, or can I replace just the display?

Thanks

Test the trim switch on control box, should have 12 volts at red wire at all times(if not check main harness), should have 12 volts at blue wire when trim switch is in trim up position(if not switch is bad), should have 12 volts at green wire when trim switch is in trim down position(if not switch is bad). The tach would have to be replaced. The trim rams wont retract without weight of motor on them.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks, I'll check the voltage. As for the rods, one retracts readily. It turns out that the second one retracts veerrryyy slowly the whole way after the first one is fully retracted (even without the weight of the engine). Is this a hydraulics issue?

Comment

Working...
      X