VZ225 Idle speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VZ225 Idle speed?

I have a 2003 VZ225 HPDI and it's idling around 1100/1200 rpm when out of gear. I've unscrewed what i thought was the idle screw as much as i could and it's now 900/1000 rpm.

What is the correct idle speed and where/how do i adjust it?

Thanks in advance!

You can't adjust the idle speed like that on a HPDI, step 1 get a service manual.
    Step 2, read it. Gotta use a volt meter on the TPS, consider a link and sync as well.
    Last edited by Sequoiha; 01-30-2017, 08:15 PM.

Comment

I believe some failures can cause high idle.
      need to have the motor checked out by someone with a computer, proper software, and the proper knowledge to troubleshoot

Comment

easy peasy.
        now someone gets do do a link and sync once they find the original issue.
        as it has been pointed out there ARE NO idle speed adjustments on an EFI motor.
        you set it up and it runs or it is broke.
        any sensor failure will make the ign timing default to 7*BTDC idle speed goes to about 1100 RPM.
        depending on what failed or is abnormal top speed may or may not be reached.
        ign timing may advance but wont retard lower than 7* BTDC.

if you don't belive it once someone fixs it simply unplug a sensor and see what it does.

Comment

Final answer

So, I took it to a mechanic. He said the VST filter was likely clogged as we had low fuel pressure alarms.

I took it home and proceeded to change VST and all other filters as well. Changed plugs, anodes and all the other stuff he was going to charge 1000 in labor to do. 2 1/2 beers later, it's all back together. So i changed the filter coming from the water fuel separator, then in the VST tank, the screen on the bottom of the fuel pump, and finally the the HP filter (HP being 50 psi) coming from the VST to the high pressure fuel pumps. That's where things to to 700+psi.

So, changed them out and she's idled awesome. Great throttle response and overall I'm glad i did it on my own. After all the reading, it seems these 3 filters are the typical issue with these motors. it's ~$125 cost for the 3 but for not having any proplems...totally worth it. Mine is a 225 HPDI 2003. Wasn't difficult, just need 2.5 beers and music in background. Piece of cake.

I have pics and will post if anyone replys requesting I will.

Cheers!

Comment

I'd still be concerned about all the "adjusting" you did with that screw. Those motors seem to be a little finicky. Maybe Rodbolt will comment.

Comment

Working...
            X