Oil and Gas mixing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil and Gas mixing

Running a 1999 Yamaha 40 HP with seperate gas and oil mix tank. Boat sitting 2 months for trailer repair. Will the oil and gas seperate in the tank and need remixing? Thanks for replies, oil and gas are in one 6 gal. tank with proper amount of marine Sta-Bil. Worried that when I run it, the oil and gas may have seperated.
    Last edited by coachdaddy7; 12-31-2016, 09:57 PM.

No it will not separate....

Comment

Originally posted by coachdaddy7 View Post
      Running a 1999 Yamaha 40 HP with seperate gas and oil mix tank. Boat sitting 2 months for trailer repair. Will the oil and gas seperate in the tank and need remixing?
      not sure how you can have a separate gas and oil mix tanks.
      maybe an oil tank and separate gas tank.

If this is a pre mix motor it should be something like a C40TLRX as mine is, but yours may be something different.
      Always good to post what you motor model # is when asking questions about it.

But once mixed oil and gas does not separate back out.

Even mixed fuel can go bad from just sitting if not stored properly for 2 months

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
        not sure how you can have a separate gas and oil mix tanks. maybe an oil tank and separate gas tank.
        Pretty sure that's what he meant, a fuel tank and oil reserve tank. I think he was asking if the fuel/oil mix in the fuel tank will separate.
        Jason
        1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

Quote:

"Will the oil and gas seperate in the tank"

Sounds like pre-mix in ONE tank to me....
          Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 12-31-2016, 09:32 PM.
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
          X