Yamaha f250 fuel sending sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha f250 fuel sending sensors

Just purcased some used motors that includes all rigging, could not find the in line fuel sending sensors, my 05 motors the sensors were by the recors. These are 07 motors do they use a different sensor, are they on the motors or should we keep looking on the boat we are de-rigging?

Thanks

Originally posted by amfishin2 View Post
    Just purchased some used motors that includes all rigging, could not find the in line fuel sending sensors, my 05 motors the sensors were by the recors. These are 07 motors do they use a different sensor, are they on the motors or should we keep looking on the boat we are de-rigging?

Thanks
    "in line fuel sending sensors" are an optional item, paired with an optional fuel management gauge. many installs simply did not include them.

However, a "2006 and later" F250 should have "Command Link" capability

which includes a fuel flow value "calculated" and reported by the ECU,

visible either with a Yamaha Command Link instrument or a NMEA 2000 capable "multifunction display" (Garmin, Lowrance, etc.)

Comment

The same sensors that are in the boat now can be used with any model Yamaha should you so wish to do so. This presumes the purchased motor will be used to repower your existing boat. Could be a Floscan sensor or could be a Yamaha sensor, depending upon what brand of fuel management is on the boat.

Or as fairdeal notes, there are other options available to you.

Comment

sens

Thanks, on the boat I have now it was powered by verado's and were puting the yamahas on. I know the yamaha motors had a fuel management system because I was checking the fuel burn while we were water testing before I purchased them . When they were de-rigged we could not find any remote sensors so I was trying to figure out are they on the motor's or built in the gages now, or should we keep looking.

my old boat that had yamahas had the round gages and these have the square ones if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
          "Command Link" capability

which includes a fuel flow value "calculated" and reported by the ECU,

visible either with a Yamaha Command Link instrument or a NMEA 2000 capable "multifunction display" (Garmin, Lowrance, etc.)
          Originally posted by amfishin2 View Post
          I know the yamaha motors had a fuel management system because I was checking the fuel burn while we were water testing before I purchased them .

these have the square ones if that makes a difference.
          square gauges are "Command Link" - with supporting wiring

did you get the Gauges & wiring too? or just the motors?

Comment

Yes got all of the rigging, just didn't see the remote fuel sensors trying to find out if they are built in the motor and not like my old 05 motors that had the remote sensors.

thanks

Comment

Working...
            X