Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• test test

How does this image look?

Last edited by boscoe99; 12-12-2016, 08:57 PM.

Now try to delete it.

Comment

I like the "Or this" better.

I'm guessing one is from an authorized Yahama Genuine on-line parts site, the other from Yamaha Outboards parts site.

The later is more clear and gives you the ability to "click" on the part reference # in the diagram and the part #, name, and quantity used will be shown.

Here's a full screenshot of the later.

[IMG]PartsDaigram by Charles Postis, on Flickr[/IMG]
      Chuck,
      1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

So this is your engine Chuck?

What are all these hoses represented by part number 33?

Sorry for the derail....

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
          So this is your engine Chuck?

What are all these hoses represented by part number 33?

Sorry for the derail....
          No problem! They are oil feed lines, some go to the reed valve plate, others go to both the crank case halves. They're not as short as they look in the diagram. I guess as not to clutter the diagram. The fine lines between them should be an extension of the hose representative pic.

Here's a pic:

[IMG]KIMG0085 by Charles Postis, on Flickr[/IMG]
          Chuck,

Comment

First illustration is from the boats.net link to the parts catalog. Second is from another Yamaha dealers website. It is actually better IMO than the parts book that can be found at the Yamaha US website.

I like to use the clearer image but don't want to be sending potential customers to another dealers website. But their prices are not as good as boats.net so maybe it won't really cost them any sales.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
              Now try to delete it.
              I can delete my post to another guys post but I can't delete my own first post. Go figure.

Comment

This

or this

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                  First illustration is from the boats.net link to the parts catalog. Second is from another Yamaha dealers website. It is actually better IMO than the parts book that can be found at the Yamaha US website.

I like to use the clearer image but don't want to be sending potential customers to another dealers website. But their prices are not as good as boats.net so maybe it won't really cost them any sales.
                  The clearer site I go to is not a Yamaha Dealers site. However it is part of Yamaha Motors and open to the public. I see no conflict in posting this, this site does not sell parts directly to consumers. Most parts I get are from Boats.net @ best price.

Here's the link:

Yamaha Outboards

In order to get to the "Parts Lookup" page, you must hover over "Care and Maintenance" at the top of the page, a pull down will expose "Parts Lookup". Click on it and you are there.

You can either use the pull down at the left side of the page or enter your PID at the top of the page to find your motor parts.

Once you get your part number, you can order from Boats.net website. I find their customer service, inventory , and shipping times excellent!
                  Chuck,

Comment

The point that I was trying to make is that the images at a Yamaha dealers website (not boats.net) are better than the same images at Yamaha's website. Yamaha the US distributor, not a Yamaha dealer.

Since Yamaha US is the originator of the data one might think the data there would be better at their website (or at least not any less so) that at one of their dealers web site.

Comment

Working...
                    X