New Yamaha F100F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Yamaha F100F

Looks like I didn't had all the news but my guess was good.

Yamaha intruduced the new F100F using the latest F115B and F130A 1832cc block

How is your french and italian? lol

https://twitter.com/YamahaMarineFr

Novità Yamaha: a Parigi un 25 «ultra-light» e l’F100 aggiornato - Il gommone

Couldn´t get much info on this one.
    Just it weighs 162kg, less 11kg than the F115B and less 8kg than the previous F100D

Not sure if link will work here

https://www.facebook.com/FECAMP.PLAI...type=3&theater

Yamaha anouce that at crusing speeds/revs the new F100F will have 10% less fuel consumption than the previous F100D

My next guess is if Yamaha is using 1832cc block for the F100 (and F115/F130) than some day F75,F80 and F90 must be a new motor than the 1596 or 1832cc block.

Maybe then you and in US/CA and us here in EU we will have all this models available (F75 up to F100)
    While now you don´t have the F80/F100 we don´t have the F75/F90 for sale

Just me thinking aloud

Comment

I wish I understood Yamaha's philosophy of taking the same motor, adding different identities to it, and distributing the different models to different parts of the world. Why?

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
        I wish I understood Yamaha's philosophy of taking the same motor, adding different identities to it, and distributing the different models to different parts of the world. Why?
        Ask Genichi Kawakami, if he is still alive.
        Chuck,
        1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
          Boscoe you know better then most of us here in the forum that Yamaha is a company dificult to understand (at least on outboards)

The logic seems to be: don´t have one (at least at our sight)

Don´t know if yamaha works the same way on other areas as bikes (maybe Scott can give us an idea)

I'm yamaha bike owner and I do my own maintenance but I'm not involved in the bikes world as isn´t a passion for me so I don´t have an opinion.

Why NA yamaha outboards have diferent models names from the rest of the world for their motors IDK but seems to be a US/CA yamaha policy.

New F25G and F100F realeased at the same time in Paris exhibition, France but we can get much more info on the F25 than the F100, why?

I bet new F25 is produced in France while F100 is produced in Japan

Comment

mostly it is the various EPA groups.
            Europe has even stricter standards than the US for marine emissions.
            I still install motors with labels on what countries it can be shipped to.
            I install motors with labels that read "not for sale or use in California".
            some countries have requirements on wire color standards.
            it gets odd when dealing with things thousands of miles apart.

Comment

Yep, that's exactly why, same goes with cars, some models we have here, need different side intrusion bars in the doors (not to mention the steering wheel in the other side) lots of countries have laws that differ from the manufacturers "base" market, so, the only way to sell to the global market is to comply with their laws on emissions, safety, even power plugs and voltage.

Comment

and California definantly qaulifiy's as a different country .

heck I have even bought lawn equipment engines that cannot be sold or used in CA.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                  and California definantly qaulifiy's as a different country .

heck I have even bought lawn equipment engines that cannot be sold or used in CA.
                  And they probably had more hp and ran much better too

Comment

Originally posted by almetelo View Post

Don´t know if yamaha works the same way on other areas as bikes (maybe Scott can give us an idea)

I'm yamaha bike owner and I do my own maintenance but I'm not involved in the bikes world as isn´t a passion for me so I don´t have an opinion.
                    Yep, Yamaha's largest, best sport / touring bike (FJR1300) in the US came in ONE color only/year since 2003...

You can go to Canada or oversea's and get different colors, same year bike.

For instance, the 2013 year bike, the cruise control was limited to 85 MPH in the states. Elsewhere in the world it was higher...

For my bike, outside the US, the bike had a built in "Immobilizer"(ignition killer) which was NOT available in the states...

You'd think both with the outboards, MC's, it'd be much easier to keep the same platform (when possible) across the board..
                    Scott
                    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
                    X