No announcement yet.

SS Prop Reconditioning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't remember the make prop I have now but I was NOT spending double the price to read Yamaha on the side of it...

I did tell the prop guy I wanted a good brand, no POS (and I don't think he carried Yamaha props anyway).

It still looks brand new (I do have a Skeg guard on it too) and it's 9 years old..

That salvage shop you visited counts on the ignorance or lack of a shopper to check prices... The pawn shops down here sell stuff for more than you can buy new..... Craigslist isn't much better... You might try selling it on Flea bay..
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I would not get hung up on this stuff too much, but some props are designed for more stern lift, bow lift, and many other things.
      Kind of like a Yamaha is not a Yamaha,
      a prop is not a prop

I do not understand it and do not plan on understanding it

Find one that does what you want and enjoy it

Comment

This is interesting.

I bought my boat/motor with a Turbo Prop Ultima 4 propeller. The seller provided the receipt that showed he paid $625 from a Yamaha dealer when he bought the motor as well. This was pre-2008 when Turbo Prop was not affiliated with Yamaha. 2008, Yamaha bought out Turbo Prop (Precision Propeller Industries, Indiana USA).

I can buy the same Turbo Ultima prop without the Yamaha brand from other than Yamaha for less than $400 now, although it would require a hub kit at an additional expense. If I bought the same prop from Yamaha that does not require a hub kit, it would cost the same $625, as in 2008.
        Chuck,
        1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Working...
        X