exhaust water flow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust water flow

I have a yamaha 2006 f8 model T8ELH which I believe is overheating. I have a telltale flow but no flow out the exhaust. Would a weak impeller give telltale flow but not out the exhaust ? Thanks for any ideas. Ps I took the thermostat out and it still did not come out the exhaust.

First, test the thermostat, then re-install or buy a new one. Running without it is NOT good.

How old is the impeller, has it sat for a long period of time?

How strong is the tell tail stream?

And lastly, why do you think it's over heating, lack of water spitting out the exhaust?
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

The impeller is 2 years of limited use.The tell tail does every so often hesitate for a split second.There is a very lite steam smoke coming out the exhaust.The head is very warm but not where I can't keep my hand on it for 5 seconds.I am going to pull down the lower unit and have a look today. Thanks for the reply and I will post my finds.

Comment

Little use over two years, the impellor will like to have a "set".

IMO, while your there, buy a WP kit and simply replace and rule it out.
        (you should also see some more water flow with the new parts).

Did you see any salt build up when you pulled the thermostat?
        Scott

Comment

took the lower unit off today and the impeller did have a set and the vains were all there but very weak.I will put a new kit in and hopefully solve the problem. Thanks again for the help and quick response.

Comment

Please post back once all tested.

Good luck!
            Scott

Comment

come back and let us know how it works out. others will gain info when searching if you report what fixed your problem
              Last edited by 99yam40; 12-04-2016, 10:26 AM.

Comment

did the water pump yesterday and found several pieces for an old impeller under the plate. Put together and it does not heat up, but still no flow from exhaust port. Will run it in the spring and see how it goes.Thanks for all the replies.

Comment

If you have pieces there you may have pieces everywhere.

Constipating the system....

Comment

might explain what exhaust area you are not seeing water flow at,

and did it have water flow out of that area before

Comment

not all Yamaha motors have any water from the idle relief port.
                      only way to tell is bust out the SM and look at the flow drawings.

Comment

Working...
                      X