Harness connections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harness connections

Finally received the harness and putting it all together so need a little more help and am starting repeating a few things.

I am converting a F25ESH (D - it is a late 2005 model) which is tiller steering w/electric start to remote steering with a 10 pin 703 remote box. I have purchased a 65w-82590-30-00 to replace the original harness assembly. I know this harness is for tilt trim but believe it can be used without using the tilt trim connections.

I am wondering if anyone can lead me to what connections of the 82590-30 to connect to replace the original harness (I know it is color coded). Also which ones I do not have to worry with. For instance it looks like the wires for the push start on the motor and the kill switch on the tiller handle do not have associated connections on the 82590-30-00. Also it looks like there are 2 female ~ 3 pin small harnesses that are part this bigger harness that may not be used.

Any drawings, sites or help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by MathewsL; 11-30-2016, 03:04 PM. Reason: Saw where one of the small harnesses attached to.

I pretty much have the harness attached.

There was a green wire with a gray sleeve on the new harness that may (?) match a gray wire coming off the engine toward the rear on the electric starter side. Does any one know about this.

And lastly I need information on how to route the 10 pin harness from the motor that attaches to the 10 pin harness coming from the remote box. The one from the motor has tits on it that will not allow it to go through the motor housing. Is there a fix for this or should I just file spaces for the tits to pass through?

Thanks again for all your help.

Comment

The ten pin connectors (remote control harness and engine harness) normally are positioned inside the cowl after they have been mated together.

Can't help with the green wire with the gray sleeve. What does the gray wire connect to on the engine?

Comment

The rectifier and regulator has 4 wires that correspond with the new harness. The gray wire is plugged. I was just wondering why there was a gray sleeve on a spare green wire. Oh well.

I can put the two harnesses together but the hole in the motor housing is not big enough for either harness end to pass through.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comment

I figured out how to complete the job. All seems to work great.

The remote control attachment contained a grommet designed for the battery cable and the harness from the remote box to pass through.

The green wire with the gray sleeve is not being used at this time. Does not seem to be needed.

Appreciate all the help in this endeavor.

Thanks again

Comment

Thanks for the feed back. Glad to hear you got it all up and running.

Comment

Working...
            X