No announcement yet.

150 flywheel magnet threads for puller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the description on the pressure relief valve , which is on the port side next to the oil filter > So when cleaning the oil pump , I will need to pull apart and replace the gasket and 3 seals in the middle of the upper and lower pump housing , correct ?
    Last edited by gsdanno1; 11-30-2016, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gsdanno1 View Post
      thanks for the description on the pressure relief valve , which is on the port side next to the oil filter > So when cleaning the oil pump , I will need to pull apart and replace the seal in the middle of the upper and Ignore lower pump housing , correct ?
      That's a Rodbolt question.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
        I had my YDS hooked up to my F150. Oil pressure was 65.5 at idle.

I assume the strainer can be cleaned without disassembling oil pump? I remember Rodbolt warning how easy the screwheads strip on the pump. Not to be confused with the mounting bolts....
        No idea, never had it apart. (That above pic is the ONLY pic I've seen of an actually failed balancer)

I'd have to look at the shop manual, parts fisch to get a general idea...

For the OP, one good thing, it's NOT knocking yet so perhaps you lucked
        out and didn't toast any bearings. Time will tell....(inspection inside too)...
        Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 11-30-2016, 05:17 PM.
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

getting ready to order necessary parts and pull the power head , oil pan , etc. going to have to make some $$ first though ! I've rebuilt several auto engines and automatic transmissions , so mechanically I'm not too worried about the process , it's just a bit different from what I'm used to . Never had a harmonic balancer take 2 days to remove !!!

Comment

Working...
          X