Corrision protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrision protection

I need a product that I can use to spray down my engine and not worry about electrical components. Anybody reccomend a good product. There's so many out there and don't have experience with them. Basically I want to spray down the entire engine including hoses, engine block, electrical components and plastic/metal to prevent any corrosion and protectant? Thank you

I'm sure this is not the only good choice out there, but I've being using Boeshield T9 for many years and really like it.
    2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
    1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

FWIW, if you look at the "sticky" above: Winterize, Off Season Storage

you will see this:

"Spray the powerhead and any wiring with Silicone Lubricant"

and this

Comment

Originally posted by DennisG01 View Post
        I'm sure this is not the only good choice out there, but I've being using Boeshield T9 for many years and really like it.
        Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
        FWIW, if you look at the "sticky" above: Winterize, Off Season Storage

you will see this:

"Spray the powerhead and any wiring with Silicone Lubricant"

and this

I agree with both. However, If you have an engine with an O2 sensor I would be careful not to spray silicone within your intake and on/near your 02 sensor cover, as it has been said that silicone can foul the sensor.

I do have an 02 sensor in my engine and have used Boeshield T9 for years successively. It may cost about 15-20 bucks, but doesn't take much and lasts a long time.

Others have said DON"T USE WD40, I would not.
        Chuck,
        1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Simple Green is what I use on the block and lower cowling pan, excellent results.

You should not spray any corrosion solvent, degreaser, etc, directly onto electrical components. There are many solvents specifically made for electronics, so it's one of those you'll want to use to clean up electrical connections/tubes/wires.
          Jason
          1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

I use a spray can of Walmart brand of light spray lubricant....an old toothbrush to work it into cracks and a clean rag to wipe off any excess....engine stays like new!

Comment

boeshield T-9 or fluid film.
              nasty stuff but it works very well.

Comment

Working...
              X