Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to help needed for starting engine on stand

Hello all,

I came across this site and was hoping some of you could point me in the right direction. We repowered our 2007 Parker 2320 this past year with a new 2016 Yamaha 300 four stroke. Except for the horrible job the so called mechanic doing the work did, we love the new power. After a false promise of the original Yamaha 225 four stroke (04/06 production) being sold, we are now left with this engine in our garage, and would like it sold. Before we sell it, we figure we should prove to a potential buyer that it runs as well as we say it does.
    We have the ignition, the square gauges, a 4 prong harness that looks like it plugs from an engine plug to the backbone, a 6 prong that looks like it plugs from the backbone to the back of one of the gauges, 2 short four prong pigtails, and the harness that plugs from the engine to the ignition module.

Can I hook up the ignition harness, put 12v to the engine terminals and use the key to start? Is there a way to power the gauges?

I have my theory on how it should work, but figure it better to get some help before possibly ruining something.

Please let me know if someone is willing to help or if you would like additional info for diagnoses.

Thank you very much for any help.
    Jake

Fellow here on this forum that may need an F225. His exhaust is corroding away...

Bet if you put F225 in your subject line he would jump right in.....
    Last edited by pstephens46; 11-14-2016, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Starting 2006 Yamaha f225 Four stroke on stand

Thank you pstephens46

Comment

I would think, (IDK), if you hook everything up as if on your boat, there's no reason it shouldn't work.

Besides supporting the engine adequetly and running, video record it running AND post it with your sales ad. (I just sold a Honda 5.5 with the video from Florida to Louisiana)...

Reading from folks that bought a used engine here, there are often issues not told (buyer beware).

Doing a leak-down test (and again video record for sales purposes) on the engine would be what I would be looking for. Your literally documenting the physical, mechanical HEALTH of the engine (which is the most important).

Hope that helps...
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
        X