115hp V4 2 Stroke won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian99! View Post
    Yeah the fitting is ok and there is fuel getting to carby. Someone suggested a fuel stabiliser??
    A fuel stabilizer won't help you start motor. Confirm plugs are discharging spark using the method I described or using a spark plug test light.
    Jason
    1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

The spark is faint and looks like it's trying to spark. I just checked again, I think it is a spark issue??

Comment

Originally posted by Brian99! View Post
        The spark is faint and looks like it's trying to spark. I just checked again, I think it is a spark issue??
        Faint spark on how many of the plugs, or all 4 plugs? If you're using the method I described using your eyes, it's much easier to see the blue spark at night. If your ignition system is operating correctly, there will be no doubt seeing the spark jump to electrode.

You've got 4 new plugs, all of which should be gapped to spec. Don't just open the box and install assuming the manufacturer made correct gap. Check for yourself, and compare to the gap spec in your manual.
        Jason
        1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

play with it or test like the service manual calls for.
          measuring peak voltages with proper test equipment to the CDI and from it is they way to see if it meets minimum peak voltage specs

Comment

Originally posted by cpostis View Post
            Are you sure your battery is fully charged?
            Never got a response on this?
            If my battery is not fully charged (say less than 12.0 volts), it will It will crank pretty good, but not fire until I charge it. Please check your battery charge and voltage. My battery fully charged is 13.8 volts.

May save you some trouble.
            Last edited by cpostis; 11-15-2016, 11:26 PM. Reason: Added an "a".
            Chuck,
            1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Working...
            X