yamaha maintainance tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha maintainance tools

hi, we got some Yamaha tools to check compression , fuel line and etc... some of our engines reaching its 1,000hrs. it shows on manual how to use it . but it looks like part of this tools are missing. I need support to get on track .

not enough information for anyone to help you

Comment

this is what I got for fuel pressure test. kindly advice me rest of the parts need to complete...
      Attached Files

Comment

looks like the gauge should just attach to the tee that you hook to the fuel line after the pump.

nothing for compression testing

Comment

the one on the left looks like some kind of gauge and the fitting for attaching a fuel pressure guage to the rail.
          the one on the right looks like a mity-vac pressure vacuum tester.\
          I cannot open the thumbnails.

Comment

In your original post you mention a compression check. Suggest you get a direct compression gauge and a differential pressure (aka leak down) check gauge.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...gauge&tbm=shop

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...eakdown+tester

And once we know what your specific model is we can look in the service manual to see what additional service tools are recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
              the one on the left looks like some kind of gauge and the fitting for attaching a fuel pressure guage to the rail.
              the one on the right looks like a mity-vac pressure vacuum tester.\
              I cannot open the thumbnails.
              Yes, but the scale on what is pictured says MPa. 1 Mpa is equal to about 145 psi. If this is correct, the top end of the scale of 16 would be psi of 2,320 (highly unlikely). I think a cheap gauge with incorrect markings is more likely. If the scale is supposed to be in psi, your top end of the scale would not be sufficient for your fuel rail pressures. You probably need a gauge with top end of scale in psi from 60 to about 100 psi.
              Chuck,
              1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

the gauge on the left actually looks like the one used for testing power trim pressures.
                but I cannot open the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                  the gauge on the left actually looks like the one used for testing power trim pressures.
                  but I cannot open the picture.
                  Where do you attach to trim unit?

Comment

depends on the unit being serviced.
                    not ALL Yamaha trim and tilts are the same since 1984 here in the US.

Comment

Ok F150TXRD 2005? There seems to be a plug at the bottom of trim unit?
                      Last edited by pstephens46; 11-13-2016, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                          Where do you attach to trim unit?

Comment

that gauge can also be used to test certain up and down main check valves.

it CANNOT be used to test engine compression.

Comment

Working...
                            X