2003 yamaha 115 Trim help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 yamaha 115 Trim help

I tilted motor up put factory latch down and unscrewed the release on side motor rested on factory latch. I replaced trim one its called both dust and seals and hydraulic seals cause one was leaking so i figure I do both. I put all new fluid to bottom of threads and capped off with spanner wrench. Ok here's my problem the two bottom trims pop out and are working as i hold the up button the main one wont lift the engine at all to take the factory latch off. I was adding oil as i hit button also like says to. They were working perfect before i did this. Im thinking there's air possibly in the system. I even tried to unscrew the side push the two trims in by hand and retighten the release but still nothing any thoughts Im stumped

You did re-tighten the manual release screw correct?
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
      You did re-tighten the manual release screw correct?
      I did tighten back up

Comment

Please watch the video in this link:

Pin Wrench - AMT0004 - 38mm X 4mm

It's towards the bottom but shows bleeding the unit with some tricks that should help.

Please post back how it works out for you (it does sound like air still in the system).
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Lift the motor by hand enough to unlock the tilt lock mechanism. Then let it down as much as it is want to go. Might need to have a friend helping to lower the motor if it will go down on its on any distance. Then trim it down fully. Tilt it back to the full up position. Add fluid. Replace the cap. Back down and then back up. Repeat the process until all of the air has been bled from the system.

Normally you don't ever add fluid, or even have the cap removed, when the tilt motor is being powered. Remove the cap and add fluid with the motor stopped in the fully up position.

Comment

I heard raising and lowering motor manually while the release is open without the T&T motor running helps work the air out.
            running the T&T motor makes it foam up with all of the air it pumps with the fluid.

just something i read before on the net so it must be true

Comment

Working...
            X