Flushing engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flushing engines

I have a pair of 300 engines 2016 and am tired of climbing over the transom to flush the engines. Is there a way of making an attachment so that I ca flush the engines from inside the boat? If so would it void the warranty?

Not sure if I understand. F300? You can tilt engines up and flush, right? Where is the flush attachment on these engines?

Comment

Starboard side of engine according to diagram. What boat is it? How hard is it to get access when motor is up? No idea on warranty implications....

Comment

The boat is a 31 foot walk around that is left in the water during the season. The flush attachment is on the right side of the engines. I attach the hose with the engine down, tilt up the engine and turn on the water and then do the same to the other engine. I would like to have a way of doing this from inside the boat with a quick disconnect and again not void the warranty

Comment

I tilt up and then connect. Could be rigged I believe as my flush hose is a dead end. As long as it is sealed when running, no foul... how would you rig this contraption?

Comment

I'd extend (using a plastic inner connector) and more hose same ID as the Yamaha hose. Then run each hose (each engine) flush hose to a conveniant place inboard

Then for operational use, get a garden hose male end(closed-as if attached to the engine normally)

Then to flush, simply remove the closed male end, hook up your hose and flush away.

Certain quick disconnects close off the water supply unless plugged into the other half...Even better.
            Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 10-28-2016, 09:24 PM.
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Be nice if it could be rigged to flush both engines at the same time. Wonder how much water pressure would be needed? Too bad fairdeal only has one engine....

Comment

You could simply tie a "T" in place with BOTH lines and see how much flow comes out of the tell tale(s)...

Cheap and easy..
                Scott
                1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Wouldn't hurt to try. If both pee at the same time, good to go... maybe a $15 investment.

Comment

Originally posted by pectoralfin View Post
                    The boat is a 31 foot walk around that is left in the water during the season. The flush attachment is on the right side of the engines. I attach the hose with the engine down, tilt up the engine and turn on the water and then do the same to the other engine. I would like to have a way of doing this from inside the boat with a quick disconnect and again not void the warranty
                    Could you extend the flush hose with short lengths of quality hose in parallel with wires and cables and join them with "Y" connector at a convenient spot and use a brass cap on the common "Y" "port" while under way?

I recall reading in our manual, freshwater flushing with that connection for 10 minutes with motor off is adequate. I can't imagine you couldn't get enough water for that purpose from your freshwater hose.
                    Last edited by throrope; 10-29-2016, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Looks like you have plenty of suggestions/advice. I would do each separately to ensure more volume than pressure.

Even better, just have Jessica do the flushing! See link...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkDCpqgFkHs
                      Chuck,
                      1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Working...
                      X