Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
    Nope, it doesn't absorb it.

The volume of each is still the same, it just keeps it mixed up so it'll burn off, (thus no water collection at the bottom of any of my filters)...

I believe, say you have 4 oz of water in your tank. You'll need 4 oz of K100 (more won't hurt anything) to keep it in suspension.

My tank is about 60 gallons, built in (under a LARGE deck hatch half-ways under the CC -ie, a major PIA to remove). I've never had the hatch removed, pick up removed/cleaned (not accessible W/O pulling the floor hatch).

You can see inside the center console, just forward of my dry box/compass, where the fuel tank access deck ends:
    AT least you have hatch for the fuel tank. I would have to cut my deck to remove. Then have to pay the fibreglass man to patch it back in.

What is the hose connector hanging down in pic?

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post

What is the hose connector hanging down in pic?
      If you look further back behind the dry box, is a clearish, 5 gallon fresh water tank. Not seen is a 12 volt pump next to it. The hose you see, is the fill hose for the tank. Off to the left, under the shelf, underneath, is the on/off switch for the pump.

And on the bottom left, kinda coiled up, in BLUE, is the retractable water hose/nozzle that comes out so you can take a shower, wash hands, etc after swimming/fishing, etc.

Doesn't sound like much water, but its extra ballast and I can easily get 3-4 short showers after going in salt water..

The marine radio has since died and been replaced. The new one is wired into the GPS so if you hit the emergency button on the radio, it also sends out your exact co-ordinates to the CG..
      Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 10-31-2016, 04:39 PM.
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I registered for my MMSI number too. Wonder if ever time you key your handset the Coast Guard knows exactly who you are?

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
          I registered for my MMSI number too. Wonder if ever time you key your handset the Coast Guard knows exactly who you are?
          Only if the unit is transmitting a DSC message on channel 70.

A voice transmission carries no other information than the sound you hear.

Comment

Good! I can still curse the occasional damn fool out on the water...

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
              Only if the unit is transmitting a DSC message on channel 70.

A voice transmission carries no other information than the sound you hear.
              Does Your Red VHF Radio DISTRESS Button Work? - Waggoner Cruising Guide

Here's some good info on mmsi.
              Have you guys ran a test broadcast?
              Chuck,
              1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Originally posted by cpostis View Post
                Does Your Red VHF Radio DISTRESS Button Work? - Waggoner Cruising Guide

Here's some good info on mmsi.
                Have you guys ran a test broadcast?
                No but I will next time in water. Thanks.

Btw, registration is very easy. Available at either Seatow or BoatUS for free I do believe.

Comment

This is what I use to pump the gas from the boat and into the truck between trips.

Comment

Working...
                  X