multifunction gauge wiring fuel sending unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multifunction gauge wiring fuel sending unit

I have a 150TXRP on a somewhat modified starcraft. I just replace the fuel tank and installed a fuel sending unit in the tank. I was wondering what color wire coming out of the gauge I need to hook the wire from the sending unit to. And according to the instructions the other lead just goes to the battery ground. Also My tach hasn't worked since I bought the motor and was wondering how to go about checking this out. And where is the best place to get a manual for this motor.
    Thanks in Advance for any help,
    John
    live2fish@alaska.com

John,
    Fuel sending units I have seen only have two wires. One goes to the guage and the other to ground.
    What color coming out of the gauge? - dunno. But you can probably get the answer from the online "knowledge base" of boats.net, sponsor of this forum. The link is at the top of the forum home.
    The Knowledge Base has all kinds of rigging instructions, including the gauges.
    Best place to get a Yamaha shop manual is to order online at www.yamahapubs.com. The will ship to your door.
    By the way, what are you catching up there this time of year?
    Ummmmm - a grilled halibut filet sure would be good right about now [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] !
    Good luck,
    Ken K

Comment

Working...
    X