Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 90tlra

Good Morning All,

Having a slight issue with my Yamaha 90tlra. After running for a couple of hours on the water at 5000rpm it will set an alarm and go into limp mode. Motor is pissing fine and oil is either full or at least 50% full. If I let it sit for a couple of minutes off it will go away and run like normal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

what do the gauges tell you when this happens?

probably an over heat alarm, when were the stats and water pump replaced

most people do not run their motors a 5000rpms for hours at a time, but the motor should be able to do that without an alarm.
    Cooling passages plugging up over time if cooling system has been serviced lately
    Last edited by 99yam40; 09-26-2016, 11:00 AM.

Comment

I do not have gauges that read tempature or oil level but I do check the oil level when it goes off. I should have been more specific but I don't run it for hours at 5000rpm maybe 30 mins tops when it happens. I bought the boat used so not sure when water pump or empeller was last changed.

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      what do the gauges tell you when this happens?

probably an over heat alarm, when were the stats and water pump replaced

most people do not run their motors a 5000rpms for hours at a time, but the motor should be able to do that without an alarm.
      Cooling passages plugging up over time if cooling system has been serviced lately

Comment

Originally posted by clow2985 View Post
        I do not have gauges that read tempature or oil level but I do check the oil level when it goes off. I should have been more specific but I don't run it for hours at 5000rpm maybe 30 mins tops when it happens. I bought the boat used so not sure when water pump or empeller was last changed.
        does this mean you do or do not have a tach that would indicate an overheat or oil level alarm?
        water pump and thermostat would be the 1st things I would replace

Comment

I do not have the gauges but I physically walk back to the motor when it happens and check the oil level. I noticed the break down of parts for the thermostat will that requires new gaskets for the head?

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
          does this mean you do or do not have a tach that would indicate an overheat or oil level alarm?
          water pump and thermostat would be the 1st things I would replace

Comment

stat has a cover and gasket
            inspect /clean PRV or replace it while you work on the stat also

Comment

Working...
            X