04 115 yamaha 4 stroke..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 04 115 yamaha 4 stroke..

I just purchased this pontoon boat, on dash is a light that's on says low oil, have checked the oil, its full, might I be looking at a oil sending unit that's bad... In parts breakdown I only find a oil pressure swith, is there a low oil switch, somewhere I am not finding...

There is only one oil pressure switch. What you are seeing is all there is.

Comment

Thank You Sir, Much Appreciated...

Comment

why is the low oil light stays on,motor has plenty oil,runs great,does not over heat,just purchased,light was unpluged at dash only ran moter about 15 min.Is oil sending sensor possibly bad or oil pump weak.Guessing mtr. has less than 100 hrs.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis 121 View Post
          t, on dash is a light that's on says low oil, h

why is the low oil light stays on.....light was unplugged at dash
          a light all by itself?

a photo of the light would be great if you can post one - or even a detailed description of it

in the absence of any more information, I would guess it is something left behind from before the current engine was installed - when there was a 2-
          stroke?

it was unplugged when you got the boat - but you plugged it back in?

it is very unlikely that it has anything to do with your F115 - if that is indeed what you have there...

Comment

you can always trace the wiring back to figure out where and what it was/is for and what turns it on and off.

Comment

no it is a factory installed low oil light on the dash, original f115 tlrc four stroke yamaha mtr.

Comment

no it is a factory installed low oil light on the dash, original f115 tlrc four stroke yamaha mtr.
                Factory installed more than likely means the Pontoon Boat factory.

Yamaha does not use a "low oil quantity" indication system. If this is what you have.

Yamaha does output a "low oil pressure" ground to activate a light in certain Yamaha tachometers. Or to flash an icon in other Yamaha tachometers. But there is no Yamaha standalone light that is used by Yamaha to indicate low oil pressure in the F115 model.

I suspect that you really have a pontoon boat question moreso than a Yamaha outboard motor question. None of us here have any knowledge of what the boat maker has done to get information to a light on the dash of their boat. I certainly don't.

Photos of what the light looks like and photos of any wires coming from the motor might help some of us here to hazard a guess as to what is going on.

Comment

Are any of your gauges Yamaha, or does your dash look something like this?

May be Yamaha engine and harness, who knows what kind of adapter/adapted wiring to make work with your gauges in you boat. Only your boat manufacturer, dealer, and/or rigger knows for sure.

Personally, I don't think the "Oil Level Light" was ever hooked up.

Darn it Boscoe, you beat me to it again!
                  Chuck,
                  1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

light

yes,could be thank you.

Comment

Working...
                    X