X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pipe joint

Hi all ,

I have a 1995 70 HP BETO 2 stroke.

The motor won't go pass 3000 RPM. Try to clean the carbs, fuel lines, tested the resistance from every part from iginition to sparks - everything as in manual.(another thread)

I noticed that maybe the fault was in fuel pipe joint on a motor side. I don't know why yamaha has a pipe joint with a moving pin.(or maybe it should't move). The movement should be in or out, but i noticed that it goes to left or right all the circle. ????
    I have one old evinrude 9.9 and there is a fuel pipe joint pin that can only move in or out, not to the sides because is metal surrounded.

Has anyone tried to install a new type (6YL-24304-00-00 ) fuel pipe joint from newer yamahas.
    I saw that the newer type pipe joint was changed to round plastic one. Are these connectors better in compare to older type joints used?
    I'm also tried to find a matching male joint for (6YL-24304-00-00 ) on parts, but with no luck, only the male joints with hoses and primer bulb in package.

Could be installed to older yamahas like mine?

THX

The pin is to open a valve when the mating connector gets attached to it. If the valve did not close when the gasoline hose was removed then gasoline will spill out. Most quick disconnect connectors are similar in design.

If you think the engine side or gasoline tank side connector(s) may be the issue you can simply bypass them and plumb a gasoline tank directly to the inlet of the fuel filter. If the motor then runs well you know that the connectors, the hoses, or the gasoline tank might be causing the problem.

Do you use a portable gasoline tank or is a permanent tank installed in the boat? If a permanent tank is being used ou could always remove the connectors altogether and install a hose barb fitting. Less fuel flow restriction. Less to go wrong.

6YL-24304-00-00 has been replaced by 6YL-24304-01-00.

Comment

Thx boscoe99 for your help.

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      The pin is to open a valve when the mating connector gets attached to it. If the valve did not close when the gasoline hose was removed then gasoline will spill out. Most quick disconnect connectors are similar in design..
      The valve on motor side opens and closes perfectly. My question was about the PIN that has a side to side movement - is this normal ???

I have a permanent tank (11 Gal =40 litre )with a hose barb fitting 90 degrees out of the tank with no valve (so no anti-siphon valve). No fuel flow restriction.
      I also have a removable (portable)tank for testing.
      With a portable tank there is no RPM loss.

I noticed that when the permanent tank is full or hall full all runs fine. When it drops to about 10 litres or cca 3 Gal motor starts to not go over 3000RPM.
      Is this possible?? Maybe a fuel pump??
      I have to test the fuel pump or change it to see if the problem resolves.

The tank is located below the engine approximately, half a meter(20 inch) height difference, measured from the bottom of the tank to the pipe joint on the engine. Maybe the fuel pump, when the fuel level drops to 3 Gal, doesn0t have the force to pull it out ????

When i use the portable tank, I lay it down on the seat, and it's obviously a smaller height difference, about an inch or even in the same level, so for the pump is easier to extract the fuel.

Have you ever run (boscoe99) into a problem like this ???

THX

Comment

What kind of shape is your primer bulb in?

Also, for the inside flap (valve) to work properly / best, the bulb SHOULD be VERTICAL, (arrow up of course).

This may help if it seems the fuel is draining out from the engine.

Besides extra protection, a transom mounted fuel filter should help with
        fuel flow, direction (if one's not already mounted and there's room).

And agreed with Boscoe, one less connection, one less thing to fail..
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

might check the pick up tube to see how far it goes down into the tank.
          may have a hole in it or it just is not long enough to reach the bottom of tank

Comment

The primer bulb is new, tested, and it does the job well done.
            Tested as : vertical position (arrow up) and attached a clear hose to see if the fuel comes back down. All ok, the valve does what it suppose to do.

I had some primerbulbs tested that didnt hold for two seconds, all the fuel came back down, those PB are in trash now, never been on a tank, or a boat.

In some cases (that is what i blame the fuel pipe joint on a motor side) when connected to fuel pipe on motor it takes a half of squeeze to get firm, so in that moment i know that the fuel pipe joint valve on motor did not open. So in that case I disconnect the connector and attach it back on. Then, it allows a 2 or 3 squeezes to fill the motor fuel lines,filter etc...
            Motor starts immediately ! In summer days right away with no prime on remote lever, in winter with prime in max 3 seconds cranking.

That was my question about a moving pin on pipe joint on motor side. It should only go in (open valve) and out (closed valve). But on my Yam this pin goes sideways. As I said ( evinrude) has a metal part around that pin that disables the pin to move sideways just in or out like it should.
            you can see on the picture from yamaha that the pin is not in the center but it little to the left oriented.

In that idea, i post a question to see if the newer type model Yam connectors (fuel pipe joints) are better, and could be installed on older motor to resolve the problem for now as in for the future.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by sasko1980; 09-07-2016, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
              might check the pick up tube to see how far it goes down into the tank.
              may have a hole in it or it just is not long enough to reach the bottom of tank
              The tube in the tank reaches the bottom, its new with no cracks or holes. I will draw a picture how its made, and post it soon.

Comment

Here it goes.

The air vent (hose barb) is connected with a hose (8mm dia inside)to air vent on the side of a boat.
                the pickup tube is in position as in picture with a metal inox net(mesh) on the bottom end to serve as a large particles filter

So the next idea of a problem would be, when the fuel passes down the 10 liter mark, the pump on the motor does not have a force to take it out ????
                Attached Files
                Last edited by sasko1980; 09-07-2016, 07:26 AM.

Comment

How about simply installing the Evinrude quick disconnects and replace the Yamaha ones?
                  Scott
                  1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by sasko1980 View Post
                    Thx boscoe99 for your help.

The valve on motor side opens and closes perfectly. My question was about the PIN that has a side to side movement - is this normal ???

I have a permanent tank (11 Gal =40 litre )with a hose barb fitting 90 degrees out of the tank with no valve (so no anti-siphon valve). No fuel flow restriction.
                    I also have a removable (portable)tank for testing.
                    With a portable tank there is no RPM loss.

I noticed that when the permanent tank is full or hall full all runs fine. When it drops to about 10 litres or cca 3 Gal motor starts to not go over 3000RPM.
                    Is this possible?? Maybe a fuel pump??
                    I have to test the fuel pump or change it to see if the problem resolves.

The tank is located below the engine approximately, half a meter(20 inch) height difference, measured from the bottom of the tank to the pipe joint on the engine. Maybe the fuel pump, when the fuel level drops to 3 Gal, doesn0t have the force to pull it out ????

When i use the portable tank, I lay it down on the seat, and it's obviously a smaller height difference, about an inch or even in the same level, so for the pump is easier to extract the fuel.

Have you ever run (boscoe99) into a problem like this ???

THX
                    I wonder if you could have a cracked/kinked fuel pick up tube? Look at the picture. Yours may be plastic or aluminum or another metal. If a crack is say at 3/8 fuel level, you would not see a problem until the level falls below the crack. Also, you should check to see that your fuel tank is vented properly and there are no kinks in the vent line.

As far as "matching male joint for (6YL-24304-00-00 )", you could try this place.
                    Contact Info
                    They have a wealth of "obsolete" marine parts.

Well, just noticed I'm a little late posting. But figured I'd post anyway.
                    Chuck,
                    1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

There is no crack on the pickup tube.
                      Thx for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                        How about simply installing the Evinrude quick disconnects and replace the Yamaha ones?
                        It came to my mind, but I wanted to see if yamaha got better in this newer type pipe joints.
                        Thnx for help

Comment

Working...
                        X