Can I restrict the tilt on a F90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I restrict the tilt on a F90

Is it possible to restrict the amount of tilt I have on my motor? I have a interference with an accessory when the motor is at full tilt.
    Thanks

What is the complete model identity of the motor?

Early models, no. Later models, yes.

The complete model identity should always be provided when asking a question. One Yamaha F90 is not like a different Yamaha F90.
    Changes are made as time goes by.

I have a Ford F150 pick up truck. What type of brakes does it have?

Comment

The motor is a 2008 F90 four stroke tiller model.
      Thanks, Tom

Comment

Nope, nothing from Yamaha. An optional tilt limiter is available for an F90TLR but it is for serial number 61PL 1053796 and later.

Other folks have modified their motors to limit the up tilt angle by either adding a bumper stop on the tilt piston or by adding a mercury switch to the up tilt wiring so that the switch stops the up tilt mechanism at what ever point the switch is set for.

Comment

Boscoe- just curious, it there a Yamaha solution for a 2010 F150 TXRD model?

Comment

An F150TXRD is a 2005 model year motor. It is not going to be compatible with the optional Yamaha tilt limiter.

Go to the Yamaha parts catalog for any given model. Look up the Optional Parts 2 illustration. If the model shows the tilt limiter it is compatible. If the model does not show the tilt limiter it is not applicable.

The other options are available. Mechanically restrain the tilt piston or modify the wiring to include a mercury switch in the UP tilt circuit.

See fairdeal for modification instructions.

Comment

http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/ya...5E0-00-00.html
              Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
              Boscoe- just curious, it there a Yamaha solution for a 2010 F150 TXRD model?
              Pstephens,
              You say 2010? Found this, seems like it is compatible w/F150 TXR 2006 and later. But last letter D is a 2005 model?

Boscoe?
              Chuck,
              1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Oops. Sorry guys. Screwed up the model number. Got the year right and the model wrong. For a friends boat that has issues with tilt. Will refer to diagram as suggested. Thanks!

Comment

It would be better to use the Yamaha parts catalog at Yamaha Outboards

You can even plug your engine ID into a box at the website and it will take you directly to the parts book for your specific model.

Try it and see what you see.

Comment

Working...
                  X