F225 Concern?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F225 Concern?

I haven't found a reasonably priced F150 with low hours but found a 2006 Yamaha F225 with a new power head with 1 yr warranty that’s still at an authorized dealer’s shop.

The private seller is upgrading and said that the shop has checked for exhaust corrosion and found none. Also said that the shop can provide the read-out and the history of all the work done.

Even though signs of corrosion wasn’t found, should I be concern that it could appear sooner or later?

If bought, majority of use would be in fresh or brackish water and occasionally in salt.

I bought a 2005 F225 @ 10 years old/ 700 hours
    and within the first year had to install the exhaust kit

IMO "a 2006 Yamaha F225 with a new power head with 1 yr warranty" is a great find

maybe someday, if you own it long enough, it will need the exhaust replaced

maybe not - particularly if in fresh water.

I don't think its something to seriously worry about.

(btw, if its "a new power head", wouldn't the "read-out" simply confirm that?)

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post

(btw, if its "a new power head", wouldn't the "read-out" simply confirm that?)
      Yes it would. I'd definately ask the shop to hook-up their computer to see for myself then ask for a hard copy for my files.

But my main concern would be the exhaust corrosion. Thx for your feedback, that helps.
      Last edited by Reel Kahuna; 09-01-2016, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X