Difference between ETLF and ETXF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between ETLF and ETXF?

I currently have a blown 1989 130ETLF and am looking at a 1989 ETXF to replace it. What is the difference between the two? Thanks

Mid-section length.

The 130ETLF has a 20" mid-section.

The 130ETXF has a 25" mid-section.

The lower units are different also in that one has a 20" drive shaft and the other has a 25" drive shaft.

I presume that you are wanting to take the power plant from the ETXF model and install it on your ETLF model.

Comment

I was hoping to swap the entire engine and then put my lower unit on the ETXF. I am hoping that I can install a 25" lower unit on the ETXF. Not sure if this is possible. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by schaisson1972 View Post
        I was hoping to swap the entire engine and then put my lower unit on the ETXF. I am hoping that I can install a 25" lower unit on the ETXF. Not sure if this is possible. Thoughts?
        Not sure what you are saying. The ETXF uses a 25" lower unit. It should have one on the motor when you buy it.

As I understand it, your ETLF 20" mid-section model has a blown power plant. You cannot install your 20" lower unit on an ETXF model. The drive shaft won't reach to the crank shaft. It will be short by 5 inches.

Comment

The ETXF does not have an operable lower unit. The lower unit was seized and the owner broke the housing removing it. I was hoping to use the one from my ETLF. It looks like I will have to switch out the power plant!

Comment

Working...
          X