1994 Yamaha 200TXRS Steering Arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 Yamaha 200TXRS Steering Arm

Got the dreaded rusted out steering arm on a new-to-me 1994 Yamaha 200TXRS. Looking at parts diagrams for this motor, the only available steering arms are part #6E5-42510-04-4D, listed as a "Long" and #6E5-42510-24-4D, listed as "Ultra Long". No other arms are listed for this motor.

I was always of the impression that Long is a 20" shaft and Ultra Long is 30". As my motor is a 25" shaft, there is no part listed for what I've got. Does anyone know the correct part number for my motor, and if a steering arm from any other years/models may work?

Alternately, could possibly replace the whole midsection; same questions about what other years/models would be compatible?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by HarleyG8r; 08-29-2016, 10:55 AM.

Interested in the outcome, got the same motor. My arm isn't broke yet but looks like it could go anytime. Looks like a whole lot of motor has to come out

Comment

when you look up the part on this web site it shows what all other motors use that same part

maybe Rod or Boscoe can give info on the shaft length question. I thought 25" was long

Might check other part web sites to see if they list 3 different lengths.

I have no idea if they made a 20" in larger motors

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
        when you look up the part on this web site it shows what all other motors use that same part

maybe Rod or Boscoe can give info on the shaft length question. I thought 25" was long

Might check other part web sites to see if they list 3 different lengths.

I have no idea if they made a 20" in larger motors
        It shows only 1994 and 1995 115 to 200 HP motors with that part being compatible. I checkes the parts listing for all of them, and they all have the same issue with only the "Long" and "Ultra long" being available. However, it's been my experience in the past that sometimes there are parts from different years/models that have superficial differences and are not listed as compatible, but will still work.

They make 20" motors in pretty much any size they can make an outboard in, for flats boats, bass boats, etc.
        Last edited by HarleyG8r; 08-30-2016, 10:47 PM.

Comment

as I said look at other part sites to see if they list 3 different lengths

I still think a 25 is the long and that is what you are looking for right?

Comment

I see only a 200TLRS and a 200TXRS being offered in 1994. Long (L) and xtra (X) long.

Now if you have but two choices, long and ultra long, and you know for sure that your motor is not an L for long (20") shaft length motor, then the longer shaft has to be the one for the X (25") shaft length motor. Even if it is labeled as "ultra long".

Remember, this is Yamaha data.

Capiche?

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
              as I said look at other part sites to see if they list 3 different lengths

I still think a 25 is the long and that is what you are looking for right?
              He says he has a 200TXRS. X for Xtra long.

S = Short (15")
              L = Long (20")
              X = Xtra long (25")
              U = Ultra long (30")

Comment

not sure why I did not look at this before, just forgot it was there in the parts area
                L = 20"
                S = 15"
                U = 30"
                X = 25

Comment

Working...
                X