Adding Electric start to Yamaha 15hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Electric start to Yamaha 15hp

I have a Yamaha 15hp 2003 F15MLHB manua startl , I have checked with Yamaha and they have no idea why there isn't an electric start kit for this model only for the 9.9hp. It has a flywheel ring gear and cowling is shaped to accommodate one.
    Will the 9.9hp fit? I would appreciate any suggestions. Arthritis is preventing my hands to pull. Thank you

Originally posted by eboarman View Post
    I have a Yamaha 15hp 2003 F15MLHB manua startl , I have checked with Yamaha and they have no idea why there isn't an electric start kit for this model only for the 9.9hp. It has a flywheel ring gear and cowling is shaped to accommodate one.
    Will the 9.9hp fit? I would appreciate any suggestions. Arthritis is preventing my hands to pull. Thank you
    Generally, if there is an electric start model and a manual start model then there will be no kit to convert a manual start to an electric start. In 2003 Yamaha offered the F15ELHB for those folks that wanted electric start and they offered an F15MLHB for those folks that wanted manual start. The thinking being that if an electric start model is wanted then that is what should have been purchased in the first place. It would be taking the long way around to buy a manual start only to want convert it later.

What you can do is to go the Yamaha parts catalog. Open up the book for your model. Then open up the book for an F9.9 for the same year as your model. Compare the two parts catalogs to determine what the differences are. Once you know what is used on the F9.9 you can hypothesize that those parts will work on your model.

Once you do a cost analysis of the price of the needed parts you will probably discover that it makes more sense to sell your manual start model and then buy an electric start model.

Comment

no kits.
      but for 1500 I have a real nice low hour 1998 t9.9 electric tiller for sale.
      may negotiate.
      will take antique military rifles in trade.

Comment

Working...
      X