X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully hub would spin first.

Comment

RogerTammy:

This link is for what should be your owners and service manual, thanks to Boscoe.
      https://www.yamahapubs.com/results.p...50TXRV&lang=en
      Let us know what it says in regards to flywheel torque.

Thanks!!
      Chuck,
      1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
        Hopefully hub would spin first.
        Hopefully...I've sheared a few flywheel keys on my lawn mowers by hitting stumps....but the prop hub rubber liner may help a good bit...

Comment

Originally posted by cpostis View Post
          RogerTammy:

This link is for what should be your owners and service manual, thanks to Boscoe.
          https://www.yamahapubs.com/results.p...50TXRV&lang=en
          Let us know what it says in regards to flywheel torque.

Thanks!!
          Take your pick. Gotta love Yamaha data.

Comment

Safe side. 140 with oil. Good grief.

Comment

My "vote" is average the difference, dry threads..

In real life, I'd bet many shops put an air gun on it till it stops turning, wonder what that # is?
              Scott
              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                In real life, I'd bet many shops put an air gun on it till it stops turning,
                Exactly.

Just like tire shops with wheel lug nuts.

Then the driver has to attempt to change a flat using a little joke of a wrench

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                  My "vote" is average the difference, dry threads..

In real life, I'd bet many shops put an air gun on it till it stops turning, wonder what that # is?
                  I had one of the diesel guys at work tighten the ball on my trailer hitch. He says"that should hold it, 750lbs with this gun...."

Comment

Yep, real life, especially when you CAN'T SEE what their doing...

That's why no one wrenches on ANY of my vehicles / machines (un-less it's something I can't do) and I WILL re-check torques, that the wheel WILL come off, etc..
                    Scott
                    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Flywheel Torque

Thanks everyone for the advice. We torque it down to 140 foot pounds. Had to replace the stator too. This has been a big ordeal but your input is really helpful. Another problem is we ordered a flywheel and didn't have time to put it on before we left on vacation. We ASSUMED they had sent the correct one. Well first mistake was assuming. It was over 30 days so they would only refund half the cost of the flywheel. I said no. So know I need s spec sheet on flywheel dimensions it was supposed to be a 6G6-85550-01-00. The flywheel hole was too big. We ended up getting a 6G6-85550-00-00. It fit. So I'm not for sure what part number we originally received. Does anyone have a reference I can check?

Thanks,
                      Tammy

Comment

Working...
                      X