No announcement yet.

Testing/Acquiring older Yamaha 150 68F-13761-00-00 INJECTORS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes flagship tests them at the rated pressure depending on the Z motor.
    they also pressure test the HP pumps after repairs.

if you ever call them talk with Jeff.
    heck of a guy.
    I usually waste to much of both of our time when I call .

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
      yes flagship tests them at the rated pressure depending on the Z motor.
      they also pressure test the HP pumps after repairs.

if you ever call them talk with Jeff.
      heck of a guy.
      I usually waste to much of both of our time when I call .
      They are the only company that I know of that repairs and functionally checks the HP pumps. Stands to reason that if they can run the pump at rated pressure they can test the injectors at rated pressure. Now I know for sure.

Comment

Update

Ok gents, I have an update. After speaking with a Yamaha technical rep. regarding the injector failures (I have 6 shorted, rare, and kinda a big deal).

According to Yamaha, when an injector fails by shorting itself to its case, it can be caused by the injector driver itself supplying the injectors with erratic voltages causing heat. A shorted injector can also cause the driver itself to fail, and create a possible ECU failure. In short, when replacing one or more shorted injectors, Yamaha recommends replacing the driver assembly at the same time as the shorted injectors or the new replaced injectors may fail shortly after, again. This is what Yamaha tells me.

Has anyone seen this?

Does anyone know how to test a used 68F-8591B-00-00 to determine if its fully operational without any erratic voltages causing heat?

Feedback?

Comment

Seems that you have the answer that you need.

Replace all of the injectors and the injector driver.

While at it you might as well replace the ECU and the engine wiring harness. Just to be sure.

Do what Yamaha is telling you to do. Who are any of us to disagree with Yamaha?

By the way. A motor is not going to run with six shorted fuel injectors.

Comment

who at Yamaha did you talk to.

shorting the coil to the case is almost a physical impossibility as the coil is encased in the plastic part of the injector.

in 30 years of playing with various fuel injection systems I have never seen nor heard of a short to the case.

you really really need to find a real tech.

a simple way to test the driver output?

simply run two paper clips down the wire at the connector,hook up a PEAK reading meter or a dvm with a dva adapter and simply watch it.

never heard of erratic driver voltage.

not sure how a failed driver could take out the ecu as well.

I have only seen about 3 failed drivers on the single driver setup and no failures on the dual driver setup.

the odds of 6 injectors failing at the same time are probably higher then me winning the powerball today,.

please find a real tech and please tell me who "Yamaha" is that your talking to.

Comment

And pop yourself in the head with a hammer a few times too. Helps to clear the passages.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                And pop yourself in the head with a hammer a few times too. Helps to clear the passages.
                This. Best solution I have seen.

It will feel so good when you stop.

Comment

on the heat.
                  that driver has a big ole heat sink.
                  it works
                  like it was pointed out if all six managed to fail at once it wont run period and you would see 0v across the injector.

lets assume 6000 RPM, the injector on time is say 8ms.
                  that injector is firing 6000 times a minute for .008 seconds.

means that injector only operated for 48 seconds.
                  the rest of the time it was cooling.
                  that injector current draw is only about 6 amps for maybe 8ms.
                  not much current for that massive heat sink.

each injector has it's own driver.

I am not thinking you actually spoke with anyone at Yamaha marine.

maybe with a service manager that gets commission on parts.
                  that driver is about 1600, the ECU about the same and the injectors are 377.
                  at a 30-40% markup that's is a decent sale.
                  will it fix your motor?
                  most likely not.

failing 6 injectors with ANY failure at the same time is a long shot at best.

find a real tech. save your beverage coin.

look at the injector drawing posted ,try to imagine how,without melting them down, can the plastic encased coil short to the metal body?

Comment

Maybe he knocked himself out with hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                      Seems that you have the answer that you need.

Replace all of the injectors and the injector driver.

While at it you might as well replace the ECU and the engine wiring harness. Just to be sure.

Do what Yamaha is telling you to do. Who are any of us to disagree with Yamaha?

By the way. A motor is not going to run with six shorted fuel injectors.
                      I'm guessing this is all sarcastic? All 6 injectors are shorted, and the motor runs. So WTH?

Comment

Originally posted by LedShiplen View Post
                        Dealer is telling me I have 6 injectors shorted to ground in my Yamaha 150. Model: LZ150TXRA And that without replacing them ASAP will lead to INJECTOR DRIVER AND POTENTIALLY ECU FAILURE. I'm not sure this is a true statement.

#1 Any rebuttal or thoughts on this?
                        #2 Are you aware of and can confirm how to test used injectors? These are all over ebay and none of the sellers are aware of testing them out or how to.
                        #3 Does anyone have any tested/used injectors to sell?
                        #4 The boat runs, injectors work. Should I not run this boat until the injectors are replaced?
                        #5 This is what the mechanic said to me since. "We need to Ohm out each injector and to be CERTAIN there is NO continuity between either of the two pins in the injector and the metal injector body. If continuity is found, the injector is shorted and junk. This is straight from the manufacturer (Yamaha). All your injectors short out. And if the vessel is operated further, without replacing each injector, THIS CONDITION WILL EVENTUALLY LEAD TO INJECTOR DRIVER AND POTENTIALLY ECU FAILURE.
                        Let's go back.
                        Look at your first post in the quote. Is what is in the red text is true, I have some questions.
                        How did the dealer conclude that all six injectors were "shorted to ground" if they did not "ohm out each injector"?

You motor runs, right? So what are your problems/symptoms? Tell us!!!

I do not know why you insist on continuing doing business with this so called "dealer", if what you say throughout this thread is true.

Like Rodbolt says, "find a real mokanik".
                        Chuck,
                        1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

What are we missing? Have the injectors already been replaced? Or the 6 shorted injectors still in engine AND it runs?

Comment

If all six injectors are running then I would simply run the motor until something bad happens.

Buy six injectors and driver now or buy six injectors and a driver later.

I vote for later. Which might not come.

Comment

I vote for a real mokanik.

one with a minimum of fuel system,electrical systems and advanced trouble shooting certs on the wall.
                              if they don't have them pack your toy and run away.

a master tech certificate on the wall would be even better.

Comment

I think he already paid the 2800 and is trying convince himself he did the right thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X