Testing/Acquiring older Yamaha 150 68F-13761-00-00 INJECTORS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
    I am curious as to what this guy would charge to replace 6 injectors?
    2800 for parts plus install.

Comment

$377 at boats.net. Times six equals $2262.00.

2002 LZ150TXRA Yamaha Outboard FUEL INJECTION NOZZLE Diagram and Parts

This can be a diy'r installation for 0 dollars.

Three bits of advice.

Find a new mechanic.

Find a new mechanic.

Find a new mechanic.

Comment

Stunning....had no idea they were that expensive.

Comment

takes me about 3.5 hours to replace 6 injectors,clean the VST and replace the medium pressure filter.

just did a clogged injector replace on #3 cyl on a Z200 last week.

also sent out 6 injectors and an HP pump to flagship marine last week on another z200.
          \

Comment

Waiting on an answer...

I sent out an inquiry to "Injector Warehouse" to confirm if what they have as follows is new. All indications on their website is that they are.
            This is the same injector for my SX150TXRZ that sells for $223.44 at a Yamaha parts online vendor.

Bostech manufactures this FI for Yamaha, and the part #'s cross over exactly.

Don't know why these simple solenoid valves are sold at so much cost from manufacturers?

Yamaha Marine Injector
            Part #: R68V-8A360-00-00
            Manufacturer: Bostech

$69.95
            Last edited by cpostis; 07-28-2016, 10:02 AM. Reason: correted spelling
            Chuck,
            1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Originally posted by cpostis View Post
              Waiting on an answer...

I sent out an inquiry to "Injector Warehouse" to confirm if what they have as follows is new. All indications on their website is that they are.
              This is the same injector for my SX150TXRZ that sells for $223.44 at a Yamaha parts online vendor.

Don't know why these simple solenoid valves are sold at so much cost from manufacturers?

Yamaha Marine Injector

$69.95
              Whoa, whoa, whoa.

A 68V prefix fuel injector for an SX150 model is one thing. A 68F prefix fuel injector for a Z150 is a different animal altogether.

One operates on 12 volts at about 45 psi. The other operates on 80/90 volts at 750 psi.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                Whoa, whoa, whoa.

A 68V prefix fuel injector for an SX150 model is one thing. A 68F prefix fuel injector for a Z150 is a different animal altogether.

One operates on 12 volts at about 45 psi. The other operates on 80/90 volts at 750 psi.
                Yes, I said this is for my SX150. I'll see if I can find a cross from the same manufacturer for the Z150, confirm new, and get prices. Haven't heard from them yet. If I don't soon, I'll call them.
                Chuck,

Comment

Originally posted by cpostis View Post
                  Waiting on an answer...

Yamaha Marine Injector

$69.95
                  all ebay searches for the same Part#R68V-8A360-00-00 show its for a 115hp.
                  Last edited by LedShiplen; 07-28-2016, 12:00 PM.

Comment

I simply send my injectors to Flagship Marine in punta gorda FL.
                    they test them electrically and do a timed flow test before and after cleaning and a pass/fail leakage test and send them back with a printed report.
                    injector failure is incredibly rare.
                    injector clogging/sticking is not so rare.

Comment

New Genuine OE E7T25071 68F137610000 68F 13761 00 00 for Yamaha Outboard Hpdi | eBay

Here's a deal (only 1), if someone needs one.
                      Chuck,

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                        I simply send my injectors to Flagship Marine in punta gorda FL.
                        they test them electrically and do a timed flow test before and after cleaning and a pass/fail leakage test and send them back with a printed report.
                        injector failure is incredibly rare.
                        injector clogging/sticking is not so rare.
                        Have you ever heard what pressure they test the injector at?

Comment

I would think they would have to test at the pressure the injectors would see normally to be able to get flow data.

But that is just my assumption.

Maybe they can test at lower pressure, but have charts of what they should see at that test pressure. someone will have to call them to ask I guess

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                            I would think they would have to test at the pressure the injectors would see normally to be able to get flow data.

But that is just my assumption.

Maybe they can test at lower pressure, but have charts of what they should see at that test pressure. someone will have to call them to ask I guess
                            That was my thinking once upon a time. However a guy from a fuel injector service company (not Flagship) told me they can't test at 750/1000 psi. Thus my question for rodnut.

I might can see testing flow at a lower pressure and then extrapolating to get to a higher pressure flow rate but I thought the spray pattern was equally as important. Fuel pressure should affect the pattern. Not sure how they can extrapolate from a low pressure pattern to a high pressure pattern.

The other company told me they can adjust the flow rate. Would not tell me how they do it. Yamaha gives no specs that I know of.

Comment

You would think if they were clean/no plugging or build up, then they would flow like they were designed to and once did.

maybe after time they flow too much due to wear and need to be cut back some.

I had no idea they could be adjusted. Thought if they were cleaned and tested out of spec they just said to buy new/or a rebuilt one.

I would not think running a HP pump in a test set up would be that hard to do safely. just costly to have maybe
                              Last edited by 99yam40; 07-29-2016, 12:16 PM.

Comment

injector driver assembly

Ok gents, I have an update. After speaking with a Yamaha technical rep. regarding the injector failures (I have 6 shorted, rare, and kinda a big deal).

According to Yamaha, when an injector fails by shorting itself to its case, it can be caused by the injector driver itself supplying the injectors with erratic voltages causing heat. A shorted injector can also cause the driver itself to fail, and create a possible ECU failure. In short, when replacing one or more shorted injectors, Yamaha recommends replacing the driver assembly at the same time as the shorted injectors or the new replaced injectors may fail shortly after, again. This is what Yamaha tells me.

Has anyone seen this?

Does anyone know how to test a used 68F-8591B-00-00 to determine if its fully operational without any erratic voltages causing heat?

Feedback?

Comment

Working...
                                X