2000 130 HP Trim and Tilt Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 130 HP Trim and Tilt Issue

I have a 2000 130 HP trim and tilt that doesn't appear to be working properly. When down all the way it trims up OK with the three rods and cylinders, but after the right and left rods extend all the way from the cylinder, the center rod and cylinder struggles to bring the outboard all the way up while making a loud, screeching sound. I know nothing about trim and tilt. What does this mean? I assume the middle cylinder is losing pressure. Is this something I can fix on my own? How much does a repair like this typically cost? Thanks!!

Make sure the system is filled.

Tilt the motor fully upward. Go between the clamp brackets and find the trim/tilt assembly. On one side will be the motor and on the other the fluid reservoir. Remove the fill cap and add as much as it will take. Replace the cap.

Run the motor fully downward and then back up. Recheck the reservoir and add fluid if needed. If fluid gets added run the motor down and then back up.

Repeat the process until no more fluid can be added.

Don't have a clue really what is wrong with your unit. Can't estimate a repair costs since I don't know what the problem is.

Comment

Thanks boscoe! I added the trim and tilt fluid and it made all the difference. You saved me a trip to an expensive marine mechanic. Thanks again!!

Comment

you need to find out where the fluid is leaking out from and have that repaired

Comment

Working...
        X