Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thrust washer 1995 Yamaha 70 2-strike BETO

Hi

I just removed the prop from yamaha 70 BETO and i think that the previous owner messed up something.

The marks on the propeller are :
    On one side of propeller 3816
    On the other 334C6 6424

I can't find with this numbers anything on the internet.
    On the front side of prop , as on the back of the prop there are no numbers.
    So i think that's a not a yamaha prop, or ???

Second problem.

The thrust washer had a different alignment then stated in the service manual.
    The thrust washer smaller diameter was on to the side of prop, and the larger diameter was on the side facing lower unit.

The picture from service manual of lower unit indicates that the smaller diameter goes to the lower unit and the larger dia is facing prop.

I just bought a solas prop amita 3 YD3-13x19 and want to install it , but i have this thrust washer doubt.

Can anyone lighten this up??

THX

BR

Not exactly sure I understand what you mean about the washer, but I THINK it is fitted the correct way.

Comment

Originally posted by ausnoelm View Post
      Not exactly sure I understand what you mean about the washer, but I THINK it is fitted the correct way.
      I think that washer is the wrong way around, the taper in the washer hole should be facing the gearbox (fitting the taper of the shaft).
      Sounds like non Yamaha prop, the washer turned around to accommodate it.

Comment

Here is a picture from lower unit.

Is this correct alignment for number 17 (thrust washer)

The taper goes to gearboax, and other end (flat) facing prop ???

THX
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sasko1980 View Post
          Here is a picture from lower unit.

Is this correct alignment for number 17 (thrust washer)

The taper goes to gearboax, and other end (flat) facing prop ???

THX
          The flat side is towards the prop, it not only stops the prop hitting the gear case, but also provides a bearing surface in the event the prop rotates in its bushing.
          The thing to look out for is that the prop does not foul the casing. You must also be aware that under thrust the prop will push hard against this washer making it seat further up the shaft than you might expect from a casual inspection. I.e. push very hard against the prop when inspecting this fit, and tighten the nut perhaps a little further then back off ever so slightly.

Comment

Thank you for your knowledge
            You helped me a lot!

All the best !

Comment

Per the Yamaha shop manual, torque to spec's and if the cotter pin doesn't line up, TIGHTEN FURTHER, not loosen..
              Scott
              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                Per the Yamaha shop manual, torque to spec's and if the cotter pin doesn't line up, TIGHTEN FURTHER, not loosen..
                Yeah goodho ,
                I was probably referring to the initial seating and fit, suggesting an overtightening . Your right.

Comment

Working...
                X