1997 Tach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 Tach

I have a 1997 S130TXRV a couple years ago the Speedometer screen was turning black so I purchased a brand new complete kit speedometer and tach from eBay part number 6Y5-2818R-32. The speedometer was a exact match so I just replaced it since that was the only problem. Since then the tach is now looking much worse. I cannot find anything online that is a perfect match to my existing tach. The are two wiring clusters with 11 total wires in the original one versus just one set of wires with only 8 total wires. Will this gauge somehow work? If not what is the correct gauge number?

The presumption is that you are talking about a Yamaha digital display multi-function tachometer.

There are Yamaha tachometers with two round nylon connectors, two square nylon connectors and one square nylon connector. These are in addition to a number of single wires that have bullet connectors on the end of them. Your motor should use a tachometer that has two square connectors.

The latest available tachometer from Yamaha for your motor, and the one that is most widely available on the inner web, is part number 6Y5-8350T-83-00.

6Y5-8350T-83-00 TACHOMETER ASSY

Comment

Working...
    X