Best Ultra sonic carby cleaning solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Ultra sonic carby cleaning solution

Hi guys, after ides on what solution to use in an ultrasonic cleaner when cleaning carby bowls, jets, emulsion tubes ect. Currently I use OMC ( Bombarier Engine tuner to soak all prts in & then flush out with clean frsh fuel & compressed air. I have just bought the Ultrasonic cleaner recently & have not yet tried it out, it does also have a heating function too, any ideas on best solutions at what mix ratios to use for cleaning carby's/jets ect.

PS the BRP engine tuner works exceptionally well, it is just that many bowls/bodies have galleries/passages that cannot be accessed to ensure they are cleaned trhu, therefore the reason for using ultrasonic bath/cleaning.
    Cheers in advance.
    Last edited by Tony Harper; 04-30-2016, 12:10 AM.

I use a 50/50 mix of simple green and water in mine, at 130 degrees, absolutely cannot beat a ultra sonic cleaner.

Comment

Hi, we would recommend a cleaning fluid called 'rodastel 30' at a 3% concentration at 45°C, you may find this article helpful Cleaning Carburettors - Kemet

Comment

Yam cleaner worked extremely well for me. In a heated ultrasonic cleaning device of course.

http://www.amazon.com/Yamalube-Carbu...ews/B002GU4SPA

Comment

I have read 50/50 Simple Green works well

A hyjack if I may?? Kinda related..

I'm looking at this Kendall Sonic cleaner / heater (for mostly carbs):

Commercial Grade 2 Liters 0 53 Gallon Heated Ultrasonic Cleaner HB 12MHT | eBay

It has good reviews on Amazon(their out of them)

I don't want to spend a fortune for occassional use but of course want one strong enough (power wise, heat wise), to do the job.

Opinions, yea, nay or recommend something similar please.

Thank ahead of time..
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post

A hyjack if I may?? Kinda related..

I'm looking at this Kendall Sonic cleaner / heater (for mostly carbs):

Commercial Grade 2 Liters 0 53 Gallon Heated Ultrasonic Cleaner HB 12MHT | eBay

It has good reviews on Amazon(their out of them)

I don't want to spend a fortune for occasional use but of course want one strong enough (power wise, heat wise), to do the job.

Opinions, yea, nay or recommend something similar please.

Thank ahead of time..
            No takers????
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I don't know anything about that particular unit. Crest and Branson are industrial cleaners and known to be the best. Of course, like everything, you pay for what you get.

I've seen reviews on a similar Harbor Freight unit - some love it and some hate it. It depends on your expectations.

The only caution I'd throw for this unit is not for operation or reliability, but rather for size. You want to be able to submerge the entire carburetor - and the baskets and depth of water in the unit you reference looks to make that difficult.

Comment

Working...
              X