2007 Yahama 150 Hp - Speed Changes while on Plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Yahama 150 Hp - Speed Changes while on Plane

I am having some issues while on plane with my boat. It will lose around 100 to 200 RPM for just a moment and then recover. You can feel the speed change while you are driving. It is not consistent, but does it frequently. I am thinking it is the gray fuel line that needs replaced. It is a 2007 with original gray gas line. It starts up and gets on plane with no problem. The gas line hose looks like it was originally connected with plastic zip ties. I am assuming that i would need to use band clamps if I replace the hose. Appreciate your comments.

Please read through this thread: http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...m-th23920.html

What you are describing sounds an awful lot like my experience. I have yet to find the culprit as it anytime I've had a guage hooked up, the engine doesn't "act up". BUT, there are lot's of useful advice given by the members here and if you read through the thread, it will give you some help, too. Plus, it will save you (and the other members) from basically repeating everything.

Please post back what you find, though!
    2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
    1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Working...
    X