yamaha 115 2 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha 115 2 stroke

I have a 2001 Yamaha 2 stroke TLRZ115 that runs well when cold, after fishing a few spots it seems to not be getting enough gas but will catch up and run ok, after my last outing I noticed that the primer bulb was not firm and could be pumped several times, is it possible that it is getting air in fuel system? where should I be looking other than fuel line and primer bulb

If your motor was not tilted up while fishing I'd expect the fuel in the carb float chambers to remain at normal operating level....but on a rare occasion I've had to pump the primer to restart the motor on my C90....but just don't know why...just one of those little mysteries????

Comment

Originally posted by countrytn View Post
      I have a 2001 Yamaha 2 stroke TLRZ115 that runs well when cold, after fishing a few spots it seems to not be getting enough gas but will catch up and run ok, after my last outing I noticed that the primer bulb was not firm and could be pumped several times, is it possible that it is getting air in fuel system? where should I be looking other than fuel line and primer bulb
      Somewhat normal for bulb to deflate a bit. This is due to the suction of the engine pump.
      If engine has no difficulty starting this way, I don't see a problem.
      But yes there is a possibility you have a leak between the bulb and tank system, however would also show up as poor running.

Comment

Check every fitting carefully. Once, I had this problem, and it was a leak in the gasket around the spin-on water separator.

But definitely find it, as sucking air can cause a lean condition, which can be fatal to an engine.

Best wishes.
        -Tony

Comment

Originally posted by thilltony View Post
          Check every fitting carefully. Once, I had this problem, and it was a leak in the gasket around the spin-on water separator.
          We had this on my neighbors boat with a 200 Yamaha while out. Had to prime the bulb the entire way back home (till he found the leak on the transom separator filter)

You may want to check any seals at the under cowl fuel filter too...
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
          X