Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What year??? Yamaha 150, model 150 CETO

Yamaha friends,
    I recently purchased a Grady White with a Yamaha 150 on the back.

Visually, this looks like a 90's motor. It is a carbed, "Precision Blend" model, with the butterfly choke.

The model number is "150 CETO". I cannot find much on this model number. Called the local Yamaha rep, and he says nothing comes up in his database.

I have found a number of posts on the internet of the same model, but most of them know what year it is. I have seen 1992 to 1998, which makes sense, but how can I determine what year I have?

Anyone out there in Yamaha-land able to help???

Thanks.
    -Tony

All that can be known from the 150CETO is that it is a two stroke and it was not sold here in the US.

What is the complete engine ID?

There may be tens of thousands of 150CETO's throughout the world. There is only one with the specific ID that is on the motor.

Comment

Yes, I'm here in the USA.

Here is how the tag reads:
      150CETO
      6G4. UL. 757142

Thanks.
      -Tony

Comment

1991 model year motor.

The other side of the motor should have a sticker showing the month and year of production. Could be 1990 or 1991. Will look like this

https://www.google.com/search?q=imag...GT1MWS1ZZgM%3A

Comment

That sounds good.

Where did you get the info? I've been told 1990 - 1998 from other sources, but no one can pin it down.

I need a wiring harness for it, and need the exact year, if possible. No year sticker on this one, unfortunately, not even a sticky spot where the sticker used to be.

Thanks!
          Last edited by thilltony; 04-26-2016, 05:04 PM.
          -Tony

Comment

From a top secret source. If I told you from where I would have to "keeel" you as Achmed says.

757142 is after 756840 but before 757724.

Comment

Blimey, what is is with 150CETO's at the moment. 2 in one day!

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                From a top secret source. If I told you from where I would have to "keeel" you as Achmed says.

757142 is after 756840 but before 757724.

Awesome! 1991 it is!

The seller told me he bought it as a 1998, but it doesn't look that new to me.

Thank you so much for the help!
                -Tony

Comment

Working...
                X