Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Yamaha 4 stoke 300hp issue

Hello everyone

I’ve got one small issue with my engine 2015 300hp with about 30 hours on it. This weekend I was using the boat and all the sudden the engine stopped, as if i had turned the ignition with off, this happen about 4 times during the whole day, no alarms went off, all gages were ok. this happen at different speeds not on idle. On all 4 occasions, to turn the engine back on i just turned the switch off and turned it back on and the engine started with no problem and worked perfectly.

Has anyone had similar issue? what should i check for?

Best regards

Check and make sure the red, coiled, kill switch "plate" (that you attach to yourself) is in fully. Perhaps pull it in and out a couple of times..

I'd also peek at the wires behind that safety switch and ignition switch for a wire not attached fully..A gentle tug should do it

Sounds like that's being activated...
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Thank You Scott,

it is not the kill with because the alarm does not go off when the engine shuts down, it may be as you say the wires behind the ignition switch. I'll take a look at those.

Thank you very much for your input

regards

Comment

I am not sure the alarm would go off if the kill switch,key switch, or the wire is grounded on that motor.
        Maybe Rod could say one way or the other.

Maybe you have a bad battery connection. loosing 12v should shut down the motor I believe

Comment

He didn't have any alarms and pulling the lanyard (or activating that switch/bad connection to it, etc) would kill the engine W/O any alarms.

Please post back what you find, I suspect its going to be something simple, loose wire, not connected fully on the male end, etc...

Good luck
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

if rigged propely, it is going to be a loose wire or a bad kill circuit.
            if anything stalled the motor while the ecu still sees the key ON it sounds the stall alarm.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
              if rigged propely, it is going to be a loose wire or a bad kill circuit.
              if anything stalled the motor while the ecu still sees the key ON it sounds the stall alarm.
              in that case he should have gotten and alarm if it was the kill switch that shut it down.
              loss of power to the ECU and other things maybe

Comment

Working...
              X