F60 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F60 Question

I just bought a pontoon boat with a F60TLR (2010)

Can someone please confirm if this engine should have a 13 spline or 15 spline shaft for the prop? (pic of model under cowling is attached)

The strange thing is only prop that fits is a 15 spline 4.25 hub prop for a T60. None of the F60 13 spline props fit (too small).

I'm wondering if its possible a previous owner may have swaped a T60 lower unit on a F60 Power head and if so, how could I tell?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

A 6C5 prefix model is an F60. It came with a 3.5" gear case. It uses a G series propeller which is applicable to the T25 thru F60 models. Gear ratio is 1.85/1.

A T60 uses a 4.25" gear case. It uses a K series propeller which is applicable to the T50 thru 130 models. Gear ratio is 2.33/1.

Since your motor is used on a pontoon boat it would be quite normal for it to have a T60 gear case installed. All you need to do is to measure the diameter of the gear case. If it is 4.25" then that confirms what gear case it has.

You can also count the number of turns the engine takes to each propeller revolution. If it is 2.33 to 1 then you know it is a T60 gear case.

And if none of the above is sufficient confirmation then you an inspect the gear case housing. An F60 will be marked with "69W" whereas the T60 will be marked with "67S".

Comment

Thank you Boscoe! Extremely helpful info.

Comment

Working...
      X