How to eliminate VRO on 2004 Yamaha VMax 150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to eliminate VRO on 2004 Yamaha VMax 150

How can I properly remove the VRO system so I can manually mix oil with gas.

Not sure if I can just unplug the lead from tank to engine, or if there is something I will need to do with the computer so the alarm will not go off.

Thanks

It cannot be done properly.

To remove a Yamaha oil injection system is improper by definition.

If fact, some will argue that it is downright stupid.

Comment

Why do you want to remove it?

Comment

Will keep it

I didn't realize that it was not a good idea to remove the VRO from my motor, and mix oil/fuel manually. Knowing this, I will keep it.

Thanks,

Comment

Some people have done it and it requires the oil pump gear to be removed also, but it is a lot better to keep all tanks/lines clean and the oiling system functioning properly.

Comment

If you want to relieve the paranoia that the engine may not be getting enough oil, lock the pump to the idle position by disconnecting from carburetta linkage, then run with a mix 75:1. But I didn't tell you this.
            You need to know that the pump is still working. You are going to over oil the engine; presumably that is logically what you want.
            I am going to be criticised, but there always has been a feeling that oiling systems have been unreliable all over the two stroke world. I believe that it is not true; I suspect it might be a "getting back control" type of thing with some people.

Comment

Working...
            X