Gassy Exhaust, Hard Start, Rough Idle/Stall in 2006 F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gassy Exhaust, Hard Start, Rough Idle/Stall in 2006 F150

Appreciate any troubleshooting tips related to the following scenario with my port F150. When cranking/starting, the motor cranks, sputters, and sometimes will start. If it starts, it will idle rough, and will sometimes stall when more throttle is applied. If it runs into mid 2-3k rpm, it may periodically show higher fuel consumption for a brief period, with corresponding higher RPM - only momentarily. At higher, 4+k rpm, it will seemingly run fine for a while (the other day I ran her for an hour to the reef, then had trouble starting (see above) for the trip home, but she ran fine on the way home). After a good run, when I lower rpms (as when coming into no wake zones), I will smell a strong fuel smell, and can see fuel sheen on the water. When idling, the motor will run rough, and stall, with the fuel smell present, and sheen on the water aft. There do not appear to be any external leaks from fuel lines. Could this be a Fuel Injector that's stuck in the Open position? Thanks in advance for comments/insight.
Working...
X