Red Light on Yamaha 25hp. 2 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Light on Yamaha 25hp. 2 stroke

Just had water pump replaced a year ago. Has been running great since. Peeing like a race horse. All of a sudden red light comes on and starts to shut itself down. Got depressed, took boat out of water. Took it out Sat. and Sun. and it ran great. Full speed, no prob. Skip ahead one week. Runs great for four hours, then red light again. What all things can make a red light come on and make the the motor force itself to idle down? Can water pump be going bad and still have strong pee stream? At my wits end. Help!!! Thanks, Keith

could we get a model number?

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
      could we get a model number?
      No.

Purpose of these questions is to challenge your brain. If you have all of the information you needed it would be an unfair advantage.

Try to do and be all things for all people with as little as possible to go on.

That is all. Carry on.

You think it might be low oil pressure? Of low oil in a remote mounted oil tank? Or water in the fuel warning?

Comment

could be.
        about all I can tell from the post is it is a 25 HP of some type, it has a red LED and it occasionally goes into RPM reduction.
        dunno if its a 3 cyl oil injected or a two cyl oil injected but my guess would be a low oil alarm.

Comment

Sorry, my bad. 1995 25ELHT

Comment

Two-stroke oil injected

Comment

Also forgot to say that when the red light came on we immediately took cowling off and nothing felt overly hot

Comment

Originally posted by caddysdad View Post
                Also forgot to say that when the red light came on we immediately took cowling off and nothing felt overly hot
                What was the level of oil in the oil tank?

Two things in that model that normally sound an alarm. Low oil quantity and over temperature.

A defective thermoswitch can trigger a false over temperature warning and a defective oil level gauge assembly can trigger a low oil warning. Defective wiring can also cause false alarms.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

Purpose of these questions is to challenge your brain. If you have all of the information you needed it would be an unfair advantage.
                  Yes, its that simple Virginia!
                  Scott
                  1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                    Yes, its that simple Virginia!
                    And remember, trons can only flow one way or the other way. It is a stupidly simple system.

Comment

Ok i'll bite.
                      Which way do they flow?
                      + to -
                      or - to +?

do you bump electrons out of place to cause them to move to the other atoms or remove some to cause a hole and get others to fill the void

Comment

flow + to - depends on if your civilian trained or military.

why I dunno.

I cant remember if the 95 25HP used an overtemp switch.

according to the tune up spec guide it does have one.

Comment

What time is it?

To me it is 1523 hours. To others might be 3:23PM.

Can't remember the number of bells.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                            Ok i'll bite.
                            Which way do they flow?
                            + to -
                            or - to +?

do you bump electrons out of place to cause them to move to the other atoms or remove some to cause a hole and get others to fill the void
                            The flow of electrons are reported to flow from - to +.

Story is that when electricity was first being discovered they (Ben Franklin I think) thought it was + to -. That sort of stuck even though it was later discovered to be just the opposite.

I have heard the "hole" story which to me seems to me to be just one way to make folks feel better about using the + to - methodology.

Being an old dog I find it easier to read a wiring diagram based on the + to - flow of electrons. Or holes if one prefers.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                              flow + to - depends on if your civilian trained or military.

why I dunno.

I cant remember if the 95 25HP used an overtemp switch.

according to the tune up spec guide it does have one.
                              According to the parts book it has one.

Comment

Working...
                              X