1994 130 Yamaha Ignition Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 130 Yamaha Ignition Issue

Looks like a ton of great info and knowledgeable people on this site. Hope my mechanically inclined self can ask a quick question.

Had an issue come up 2x last year on our 1994 130 Yamaha. Upon turning the key, the motor wouldn't crank. I can't remember if there was an audible click when turning the key or not. Started trobleshooting and trying a bunch of stuff. Finally took the cowling off and by chance, wiggled the wires in the attached picture (think where the blue arrow points to but could be the red). Afterwards, she fired. 2nd time it happened went straight to wiggling the wires and fired again, so issue appears to be isolated to whatever this is. Can anyone let me know what this is? Would it be hard to determine what the exact cause is if not symptomatic when getting serviced?

Thanks for your help
    Attached Files

bad connection, take apart the electrical connectors and look for corrosion.
    clean them up and grease them when putting back together.

sometime there are splices in the harness, if you do not find anything in the connections

Comment

Thanks for the help. Any idea what the referenced part is called? I found a parts diagram but the part doesn't seem to be included on it. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X