Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

97 c40tlrv tiller arm conversion question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 c40tlrv tiller arm conversion question.

alight guys, I recently bought a 99 50hp remote steer recently that I am going to convert to a tiller. In the meantime I have been trying to sell my 40 hp
    c40tlrv that I converted to a tiller steer. The guy buying my motor doesn't want my tiller arm bc the trim is half way up the tiller arm and not by the throttle like the new one. I told him id take some money off my motor and keep the current arm if it would fit my new motor.

1st question: Can I put the tiller arm from my 97 on my 99?

2nd question: Can he put one of the newer style tiller arms on my 97 motor ?

Originally posted by wdrennan09 View Post
    alight guys, I recently bought a 99 50hp remote steer recently that I am going to convert to a tiller. In the meantime I have been trying to sell my 40 hp
    c40tlrv that I converted to a tiller steer. The guy buying my motor doesn't want my tiller arm bc the trim is half way up the tiller arm and not by the throttle like the new one. I told him id take some money off my motor and keep the current arm if it would fit my new motor.

1st question: Can I put the tiller arm from my 97 on my 99? Yes.

2nd question: Can he put one of the newer style tiller arms on my 97 motor ? Not without great effort and engineering. And lots of money.
    Most anything can be done given enough time and money.

Comment

Working...
    X