runs perfect on trailer no power in water HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seaox250 View Post
    even though i went from suzuki to yamaha, i had to reverse the throttle cable also because in neutral the carbs were wide open, i am almost positive the engine itself turns clockwise but dont they all? and the lower unit determines which way the prop spins?

also when the engine is idling and in neutral the prop turns slowly clockwise
    Is it possible you have the control cables mixed up/backwards?
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Let's be perfectly clear here, a LH motor does NOT run backwards, the reverse rotation is done in the gear case, looking at the flywheel rotation is once again teats on a boar.....revving on the flusher, even in gear tests nothing, back to those teats again.

Comment

Originally posted by ausnoelm View Post
        Let's be perfectly clear here, a LH motor does NOT run backwards, the reverse rotation is done in the gear case, looking at the flywheel rotation is once again teats on a boar...
        Yep, my boo, the reversed controls messed me up...

For the op, does the prop turn in the proper direction when in forward?
        Scott

Comment

i have verified via engine tag that it is not a left turn motor

Comment

Thanks for the update, PM sent..
            Scott

Comment

the difference between the Suzuki and Yamaha control box is simply the shift direction.
              Yamaha pulls for fwd and Suzuki pushed.

what size Suzuki did you remove?
              what prop did the Suzuki swing?
              what size prop are you trying with the Yamaha?
              that V76 motor is rather sophisticated.
              it has 3 lift pumps that tend to fail.
              it has an electric pump that should run any time the key is on.

Comment

Did u check coils output and timing advance..

Comment

i removed a 200 suzuki that never ran for me and didnt have a prop, i have a 14.25x21 prop on the yamaha currently. the electric pump does work when the key is on i have checked it, and i am aware of the three other pumps i read online something about them failing but could not figure out how to test or ispect mine to know if they are good or bad before i replace them.

i have not checked timing advance because i dont know how to or what exactly you mean by that but yes as i said previously i tested the output to coils with a test light and got signal from all 6, but what is strange is that when its idleing and i remove the plug wires one by one it only runs different when cyl1 or 3 are removed which why i also leaned towards the engine being in limp mode

Comment

From post #7: "does sometimes make a slight whistle but is not always". Were you able to duplicate (better yet, FIND) this "whistle"(potential air leak)?

Also, if, when in the water, could/did you (with a helper) keep squeezing the primer bulb (acting as the LP fuel pump-if their failing) and make it run normally?

(My neighbors boat ((200 Yamy) had a spin on fuel filter gasket fail, sucked air, and I had to prime the bulb constantly to get us home)...
                    Scott

Comment

i have not tryed to squeez the ball yet while in the water under load,and the whistleing i was reffering to was the engine alarm, i just picked up a new one i will plug it in and see if it sounds when running and update you guys

Comment

Working...
                      X