Shakes at idle; sneeze causes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-----------
    Last edited by boscoe99; 02-03-2016, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Just to try to explain the air/fuel ratio business (maybe) lets say you have a bucket of water with 50 percent salt content, you empty 1 Litre into another bucket, both buckets STILL contain a 50 percent ratio, then you tip another litre into the other bucket, you STILL have the same 50 percent ratio, even though you just doubled the amount of water, the 50/50 ratio has not changed at all, similarly if your air/fuel ratio is FIXED via jets, makes no difference how much of that ratio is allowed to move into the engine, the ratio never changes.

Comment

Changing the float level will only change the amount of fuel in the bowl (as noted above).

**If the OP can clarify, [B]IS THERE any sneeze when IN THE WATER, not on muffs, or operating issues[B] is the question of the hour.
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

------------
          Last edited by boscoe99; 02-03-2016, 12:12 PM.

Comment

I aint even gonna beat the unicorn.
            if you guys seem to think you can change the A/F ratio with that screw.

bet on rainbow bright.

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
              Changing the float level will only change the amount of fuel in the bowl (as noted above).

**If the OP can clarify, [B]IS THERE any sneeze when IN THE WATER, not on muffs, or operating issues[B] is the question of the hour.
              The sneeze only happened once every 3 to 5 mins on the muffs. I didn't have a chance to run it down to the ramp yesterday to run it in the water. I'll report back once I get it in the water.

I went back and checked/double checked the FSM to ensure I am crossing the 150 TXRA correctly to the S150TR (a lot more than the pilot screws get set in tables). So I am pretty sure I am set up correctly. Once I get it in the water I'll find out if I'm chasing a red herring. Thanks!

Comment

--------------
                Last edited by boscoe99; 02-03-2016, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Here's my method to determine the cross (excuse the handwriting SN starts w a 5):
                  Attached Files

Comment

--------------
                    Last edited by boscoe99; 02-03-2016, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Wtf!! That seems like pretty important info to be left out of a FSM... Is that chart you posted off a service bulletin re this manual? Per your chart they both trace back to 150FETO, how do I cross '150' to '150TXR'. I'm pretty sure it's obvious to ditch the suffix but in cross references it's usually important to use exact numbers Yamaha. Argh.

Yes, numbers written into manual reflect plate verbatim. I know the owner since new so no shinanagins.

I'll dig through the parts list deltas re fuel for 99 to 02 when I get home tonight to see the differences.

Comment

-------------

Comment

------------

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                            WTF is right.

If important data is not left out of a Yamaha service manual then the information in the manual might very well be wrong.

Some times it is better being left out than to be in but be wrong.

Has anyone ever seen a Yamaha outboard motor service manual that was a revised and updated version? Don't think so. They put crap in and that crap stays there for better or or worse until hell freezes over.
                            are you not the guy that vehemently opposed the bootleg duplication of your precious Yamaha service manual and likened it to a stolen lower unit ?

So which is it ?

Comment

Originally posted by scofflaw View Post
                              are you not the guy that vehemently opposed the bootleg duplication of your precious Yamaha service manual and likened it to a stolen lower unit ?

So which is it ?
                              I am the guy that vehemently opposed the bootleg duplication of Yamaha data for the sale of that data to a third party. Stealing a Yamaha manual to make a buck is the same to me as stealing a Yamaha lower unit to make a buck.

If someone steals Yamaha data (a complete SM for instance) and sells it to another that is one thing. Fair use of Yamaha data to help a fellow Yamaha owner is something altogether different. IMO.

I receive nothing from anyone for the use of any Yamaha data that I provide. In limited amounts by the way. Analogous to loaning a Yamaha manual for someone to look at. I am not paid a dime by anyone for the use of the time that I provide either. Some may think my time and advice is not worth a dime as well.

I am not a scofflaw.

Comment

Working...
                              X