Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 25elr just rebuilt and has a mostly dead top cylinder

Hi guys somewhat new here but first time user

Background just rebuilt my 25 had power head bored and decked also had the head milled flat along with New carb kit also

Built everything and went to fire it up all seemed well smoked a lot but I was running a 50:1 premix in it for initial break in

I noticed it wasn't really running on both cylinders it would hit on the top cylinder about once a second

Shut it down and pulled the plugs top was black and sooty with no wetness about it the bottom was nice and tan with a slight wetness like all my 2 strokes have been

I continued to fiddle with it swapping plugs swapping coils all of that to no avail

Compression checked out great on both cylinders

I pulled it back apart just to once over it and the top half of the engine was covered with fuel and black oil

I can't figure out if it is a reed issue or carb issue or timing issue I am pretty stumped hope someone will chime in and help me out

Thanks guys

Probably not a reed problem, or a timing issue, where is the oil coming from? Did you damage the top crankshaft seal perhaps?

Comment

I have not idea right off hand, but have a look at the plug on this thread to see if it looks somewhat like your plug
      http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...r-th26270.html

Comment

My plug looks nothing like that

My plug is just carbon fouled with no other deposits

This motor has been a pain got it on a trade now has just costed me nothing but money

Comment

Working...
        X